The HR/Payroll Coordinator assists in planning, developing, organizing, implementing and evaluating HR/Payroll functions and activities including: maintaining personnel files, recruitment, payroll and accounts payable. In addition the HR/Payroll Coordinator assists with new employee orientation; explaining personnel policies, procedures, payroll, and other regulations.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Assist with the staffing process including: recruitment, screening, interviewing, conducting reference checks and assisting with new hire orientation.
- Demonstrate a high level of integrity while managing sensitive and confidential matters.
- Remain flexible, and present a positive disposition in the face of changing needs of employees and managers.
- Assist in creating and maintaining a positive staff experience through coordination and participation in employee involvement initiatives.
- Assist with the implementation of services, policies, and programs.
- Assist with updating of organizational charts, staff directories and coordinating employee newsletters.
- Daily/weekly processing of Accounts Payable invoices.
- Ongoing review of expenses, and investigation of unusual items.
- Daily/weekly preparation of checks to pay vendors on a timely basis.
- Daily/weekly recording of all bank deposits made by Mission personnel.
- Bi-weekly processing of payroll for all employees using ADP vendor system.
- Timely payment of sales taxes and timely filing of related tax returns.
- Recommend and maintain appropriate allocation methods for expenses across operating divisions.
- Assist Mission management ad hoc needs as they arise and are assigned.
Education and Training
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, or Business-related degree required.
Knowledge and Experience
- A minimum of two years of experience in Human Resources with Payroll and Accounting functions required.
- Previous experience/current knowledge of ADP Workforce is required.
- Proficient in Microsoft office applications
- Experience using Visio preferred.
- MIP Fund accounting software experience preferred.
- Incumbent will learn the operations of the Mission and its facilities, and will at all times demonstrate respect for residents, coworkers and clients.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Strong written and oral communications skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Continually seek opportunities to develop and enhance technical and personal skills.
- Strong organizational and administrative skills.
- Capable of prioritizing requirements for timely completion.
- Must be a flexible, self-starter, attentive to details, organized, and able to multi-task.
Interested candidates should submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Rescue Mission, Founded in 1903
Our Mission Statement: “To provide through the power of Jesus Christ, a home for the homeless, food for the hungry and hope for their future.”
Our Vision: “To transform lives through the love of Jesus Christ.”