This field-based position is responsible for assisting the affiliate’s Construction Manager and Volunteer Engagement Manager in the successful completion of all construction activities, including managing volunteers on the build site and assisting with all activities involved in the construction of homes. This high-energy, relationship-based and goal-oriented position requires extremely strong organizational skills, speaking/communication skills and a genuine passion for Habitat’s mission. The site coordinator serves as the chief point of contact for volunteers on the construction site. The Site Coordinator will providing excellent customer service to the volunteers while on the job site and keep them engaged in the construction process with direction from the Construction Manager.
Good work and business ethics. Must be a proven self-starter with the ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment. Individual must be organized and capable of good task follow-up. Must have the ability to relate to people of different races, faiths and incomes.
• Coordinate pre-build logistics with the Volunteer Engagement Manager, including (but not limited to) the stocking of necessary volunteer support materials for meals, staging and related onsite logistics
• Greet and register volunteers and visitors, share about Habitat, and help lead morning circle up about the logistics for the day as outlined in the daily expectation memo
• Ensure all volunteers are productively engaged in the construction process and feel valued and connected
• Be present on site to support volunteers and visitors, ensure their personal needs are met and tasks at hand are explained clearly
• Communicate build schedule information to staff members as needed on a daily basis
• Responsible for regular inspection and maintenance of all on-site housekeeping and volunteer parking, including maintaining clean and safe job sites, streets and sidewalks free of mud, debris and trash.
• Work with the Director of Operations, Director of Construction and Construction Manager to ensure that all injuries on site are handled according to the organization’s protocol and all proper documentation is completed.
• Perform any/all other construction related tasks as assigned by the Construction Manager and/or the Director of Construction.
• Ability to work independently, set and balance priorities, and take initiative
• Planning and organizing
• Teamwork and collaboration
• High level communication skills
• Strong focus on customer service
• Ability to work with a wide range of people
• Generally be in good health
• Ability to maneuver on a construction site (over dirt, rocks, piles of material, etc.)
• Ability to lift 40 pounds
• Ability to climb ladders, bend, kneel and reach, in awkward and tiring positions
• Ability to sit in front of a computer and complete computer work, sometimes for hours at a time
• Ability to stand for a few hours at a time, as the event dictates
• Ability to speak without a microphone to groups of 10 to 50 people
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org no phone inquiries
Fort Wayne Habitat for Humanity is firmly committed to a being an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnic background, religion, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.