Fort Wayne Center for Learning is currently seeking Part-Time instructors qualified to work with students struggling to succeed in the academic environment.
We work one-on-one in a clinical setting in order to build reading, math, comprehension, writing, and academic success skills.
Primary Role: Instruct students with learning challenges in the following areas: reading, spelling, math, comprehension, writing, and academic performance management using the processing-based programs, methods, philosophies, strategies, and techniques implemented by the center.
- Write informal student progress reports
- Participate in weekly professional development
- Complete office work such as: maintaining a clean and organized clinical environment, copying forms, stocking and organizing program materials.
- Participating in fundraising and community awareness events sponsored by FWCL or in which the center participates.
- Minimum 60 hours college credit toward a degree in the education/human services field.
- Pass the tests and aptitude screening administered by FWCL.
- Minimum high school math proficiency preferred.
- Ability to be trained on and implement the Lindamood-Bell Learning Processes © programs.
- Ability to:
- communicate clearly and professionally;
- maintain a positive, optimistic attitude;
- motivate students;
- solve problems collaboratively;
- act as a team;
- be flexible, willing to grow, learn, and work in a fluid environment.
How to apply: Submit cover letter and resume to:
Fort Wayne Center for Learning
ATTN: Jessica Patton
2510 East Dupont Road, Suite 203Fort Wayne, IN 46825Fax: 260-469-3926