This position manages the Embassy’s ticketing/patron relationship database, creating reports, offering analysis and handling data entry and systems management. Works closely with fundraising, marketing, ticketing and programming staff. Salary starts at $30,000. Send resume, three references and cover letter via e-mail to Lucas Weick, email@example.com or mail to him at Embassy Theatre, 125 W. Jefferson Blvd., Fort Wayne, IN 46802, by June 11.
POSITION DESCRIPTION: Science Central, a hands-on science center is currently hiring a knowledgeable, self-motivated, self-directed, part-time graphics designer. This person will create new layouts/templates or use existing layouts for various print materials and electronic formats; might assist with press releases and social media.
REQUIRED SKILLS: Ability to develop and complete numerous materials including newsletters, brochures, banners, posters, exhibit signs, shirts, Gift Shop merchandise, etc.; should know and have proficiency with graphics design packages including Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Publisher and PowerPoint, and experienced with web-based software like Joomla CMS, Constant Contact and other database programs; professional in attitude and practice; outgoing and articulate; meticulous and detail-oriented; good grasp of language, both in writing and spelling; good communication skills, able to work well in a team-environment with feedback from others, as well as independently and follow-through on their own; capable of scheduling and leading design meetings; comfortable in an exciting and fast-paced environment; able to handle high stress, multiple activities and deadlines; must have flexibility and capability to adapt to changing priorities and schedules; must be willing to work within a predefined look, as well as a review chain; college-level classes in graphics design, art, etc.; successful completion of criminal background check.
SCHEDULE: Variable hours, ranging from approximately 10-20+ hours per week; flexible schedule, but will include weekdays, and could include some weekends and evenings.
SALARY: $10.00/hour; non-exempt.
APPLY: Open posting, position filled as needed. Obtain application online (http://www.sciencecentral.org/Supportpdfs/applicationforemployment.pdf). Send completed application, cover letter, resume, list of professional references (minimum of 3), and examples of completed designs (minimum of 5)
POSITION: Part-Time Educators (Education Specialists)
POSITION DESCRIPTION: Involvement with informal, hands-on, educational science center programs (physical, natural and applied sciences); assist in the development and presentation of public, school, scout and special programs; audiences include schools, teachers, community centers, scout groups, families, etc; programs will be done both on-site and out in the community; programs include demonstrations, exhibit interpretation, classes/labs, science camps, birthday parties, outreaches, etc.
REQUIRED SKILLS: Be incredibly prepared and flexible; very responsible and organized, time- and detail-oriented; be creative; comfort with and interest in science and education; have exceptional public speaking abilities, comfortable working with audiences of all sizes/ ages/backgrounds, outgoing, energetic, enthusiastic; professional in attitude and appearance; do moderate lifting (approx. 40 lbs.)
QUALIFICATIONS: College science/education/etc. strongly classes recommended; must have experience in public speaking and/or teaching; experience in the informal science education field preferred.
SCHEDULE: Part-time; variable hours each week; schedule will primarily be Mon-Fri, limited weekend hours, some holidays and evenings; must be flexible. Note that this is not temporary, seasonal employment.
SALARY: $8.00/hour, increased to $10.00/hour after 6-month probationary period; limited time-off benefits
APPLY: Open posting, positions filled as needed. Send cover letter, resume and list of professional references (minimum of 3)
Applications may be sent to:
Human Resources Director
1950 North Clinton Street
Fort Wayne, IN 46805
Fax: (260) 422-2899
- Extensive knowledge of policies, procedures, evaluation systems and professional standards utilized in a comprehensive early education learning center, as well as through working knowledge of applicable regulations impacting child care services.
- Knowledge of management theory and practice to effectively lead center staff.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills in order to monitor center operating efficiency, compliance with agency policies and procedures, identify individual needs of children/parents and prepare /maintain related documentation/reports.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Minimum of an Associate’s degree in Early Childhood Education, or related field.
- Minimum three years’ experience providing developmental child care services; and two years supervisory experience.
To apply: Send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference the job title in the email subject line.
Applications can be found online at http://www.ecalliance.org/about-eca/welcome-to-eca/career-opportunities
Early Childhood Alliance
3320 Fairfield Ave
Fort Wayne, IN. 46807
RFP for Event Coordinator Brightpoint Tiny House Showcase October 13- 15, 2017
Deadline for proposals: May 25,2017 by 5:00 p.m.
This Request for Proposal (RFP) is issued by Community Action of Northeast Indiana, Inc., dba Brightpoint. The purpose of this RFP is to establish a contract with a qualified event coordinator to execute a first-time event called the Brightpoint Tiny House Showcase. The qualified event coordinator will be responsible for overall event logistics, including day-of-event coordination, and overseeing a committee of community volunteers. For more detailed information see the Scope of Work section below.
In 2010, Brightpoint entered the housing development world with a 35-home affordable housing subdivision called Hopewell Pointe located on the southwest side of Fort Wayne,Indiana. In the following years, several other affordable housing projects were proposed, but so far none have come to fruition. In December of 2016, we began entertaining the idea of the Tiny House Showcase. In january 2017, the Brightpoint board of directors approved moving forward with the concept.
The objectives of the Brightpoint Tiny House Showcase are to:
- Expand awareness of Brightpoint and our housing efforts as an affordable housing developer in Northeast Indiana
- Educate and introduce the Tiny House Movement to Fort Wayne residents, city planners,and potential builders
- Raise funds for future Brightpoint projects
Brightpoint is seeking the assistance of a professional event coordinator to work alongside our Development staff and volunteer committee members to coordinate a successful high-profile event. We are anticipating 2,ooo- 3,000 attendees for this weekend event to be held October 13-15, 2017. The gross income goal is $6o,ooo with the majority of the funds expected to come in through sponsorships.
Scope of Work: To realize the above, Brightpoint seeks an organized event coordinator to provide the following serv1ces:
- Develop a timeline and work plan
- Plan, organize, and conduct meetings
- Work with Development staff and volunteers through subcommittees to execute plan
- Utilize a project management system to organize the event that can be accessed by all involved staff and volunteers
- Meet with Development staff as needed to provide updates on progress, issues, resources and budget matters.
- Create and execute event volunteer program and training in coordination with staff and volunteer
- Submit a post-event evaluation report with recommendations
Day of Event
- Supervise all aspects of the event and coordinate the logistics and onsite supervision of the event
Questions: Participants may ask questions about the RFP by sending them in writing via email to Jennie Renner (JennieRenner@mybrightpoint.org.) Participants are asked NOT to contact any other staff, volunteers,or vendors involved with this Brightpoint event.
Full description and instructions for applying here.
Provide leadership to YWCA staff, Board of Directors and committees/task forces in the establishment of effective programs, cost effective and supportive facilities and comprehensive funding sources in support of the organization’s mission.
Responsibilities of the President/CEO:
- Ability to envision, develop and implement an organizational strategy that will showcase the successful programs and resources the YWCA provides in our community. Responsible for the development of short and long-term goals through strategic planning for the entire organization; for implementation and monitoring of action plans, evaluation of results, and succession planning.
- Hire and develop a high-performance team. Provide leadership and work direction to all direct reports and their staff with the purpose of developing a management/leadership team to operate at their peak performance of excellence. Oversee the development, maintenance, and personnel administration encompassing all functional areas of human resource management.
- Be the face of the YWCA. Actively engage the community and work with development team in explaining the mission of the organization to the public through all means of communication; for maintaining effective client relations with distribution agencies; and for maintaining appropriate relations with other social service and professional groups in the community.
- Oversee the planning and implementation of a comprehensive fund raising program. This includes “hands on” experience and ability in face-to-face solicitation.
- Work closely with the Board of Directors and all board committees in an advisory and decision-making capacity. Ensure that tasks assigned by these bodies are completed. Act as ex-officio member of the board.
- Ensure that the YWCA provides human service of significant value in the communities we serve.
- Responsible for the preparation of the organizational budget for both operational and capital needs for issuance of all checks, vouchers and payments; for monitoring the financial operations of the organization.
- Responsible for meeting all appropriate legal requirements relative to the operation of the organization, including all public accountability at both state and federal levels.
- Responsible for the security and maintenance of facilities for the successful operation of the organization.
Requirements of the President/CEO:
- Bachelor’s in Human Services, Social Service Administration or similar and Master’s required.
- Experience in the field of health and human services, a residential services facility or with a company in the private sector, interacting with volunteers, non-profit partners and diverse board members.
- Ability to engage and cultivate long-standing relationships with community partners.
- In conjunction with the Director of Development, have the insight to create a dynamic annual fund raising component that is sustainable.
- Experience in developing leaders and building teams.
- Successful track record in management, including financial management, budgeting, human resources, contract administration, and strategic planning.
- Must be committed to mission of YWCA.
Love In the Name of Christ of Huntington County (Love INC) is in search of a full-time Ministry Coordinator to join our team. This position is a program management role, designed to oversee various aspects of Love INC ministries with a primary focus on our Loving Neighbors Relational Ministry and Volunteer Coordination.
Reports To: Executive Director
Purpose: To manage and develop the daily operations of Love INC programs so as to ensure the further implementation of the organization’s mission.
1. Program Management
2. Volunteer Management
1. Personal relationship with Jesus Christ and agreement with the Apostles’ Creed
2. Understanding of the mission and core values of Love INC
3. Must be highly organized
4. Strong verbal and written communication skills
5. Proficient in leadership and management
6. Ability to work independently and cooperatively
7. Reliability and dependability
8. Healthy, professional boundaries
9. Experience using Microsoft Office
10. Education or experience: Requires a bachelor’s degree and preferred experience in management, social work, organizational leadership, ministry, community development, or related field.
See complete job description.
To apply, please email a PDF of your resume with a cover letter to info.LoveINChuntington@gmail.com. Applicants who fail to send both of these documents will not be considered.
Applications will be accepted until June 9th, 2017. No calls for inquiry.
Status: full time/salary
Reports to: CEO
Supervises: Construction Managers; ReStore Directors
Performance Summary: This position is responsible for overseeing all of Habitat’s ReStore and construction operations. This position requires an organized, business-minded individual able to manage strategies and take on multiple projects at one time. Adaptability to an ever-changing work environment with a varied demographic of people will enable success in the role. Habitat for Humanity is a complex organization requiring team members who can learn and retain a wide variety of information and disseminate effectively to different parties. The best candidate will have strong business acumen, management experience, excellent communication skills and enjoy working in a flexible and fast-paced environment with a diverse group of individuals.
- Assist CEO and organization directors in strategic planning, implementation and oversight
- Manage all of Habitat’s assets, including inventory, vehicle fleet and property management
- Steward outside business relationships to maintain cost-effective department budgets and procure in-kind donations for ReStore and construction
- Ensure liability insurance is up-to-date and sufficient for all affiliate’s needs
- Provide leadership, management and supervision of select team members through guidance, coaching and career development opportunities appropriate for each member’s needs; perform all necessary supervisory functions, including hiring, evaluations, merit allocations and disciplinary action as required
Key Result Areas:
- Successful strategic plan implementation and oversight
- Cost-effective construction operations resulting in a well-managed budget and increased in-kind donations
- Successful ReStore business management and procurement resulting in increased revenue