Questions? Ask here!
- How do I register for events?
- What do I need to bring to events and programs?
- Where can I park and how much does it cost?
- How do I start a Nonprofit?
- How do I schedule a private consultation?
- Does PCNRC travel to give workshops?
- Can I check the books out?
- Where are you located?
- Will you read or edit our funding proposal?
- How many nonprofits are in Allen County?
- When is the PCNRC open?
- How much do the PCNRC programs cost?
- How do I use the Allen County Public Library Catalog?
You can register for events using the Allen County Public Library’s events calendar.
- Browse ACPL events listed for each month, or filter For Nonprofits by unclicking All Events.
- Sign up for an event by clicking on the name. This will lead you to the registration form, please fill in all the required information on the form.
- You will receive a confirmation for the event by email.
Visit the Allen County Public Library’s Calendar
- You should bring your Allen County Public Library card, if you have one so that your parking ticket can be validated and you won’t be charged for parking.
- If you wish bring paper & pen, tablet or computer to take notes.
- Most importantly – bring your interest in learning!
- Optional: bring your nonprofit business cards to network with others.
- Parking is free for individuals with an Allen County public Library card. Make sure that you bring your library card in to the building, along with your parking ticket to be validated.
- Parking for non-ACPL card carriers is $1.00 an hour, maximum $7.00 a day.
- Get parking information HERE.
A great place to start is to come in and talk to us! We can provide information to help you decide and prepare. Let us guide you through the process with a consultation called “501(c)3; To Be or Not to Be.”
Contact the Coordinator at email@example.com with a brief summary of what kind of help you are seeking. If we can’t help, let us find out who can.
Within Allen County, we will do workshops. Outside of Allen County, we can do workshops; however there will be a fee. If you’re interested in having a staff member do a workshop please contact us 30 days a head of time.
Books can be checked out from PCNRC. There are some books that have been marked with red dots and are not in circulation. You can also check out the book bags, or kits for adults that contain information on a particular topic.
We are located in the Allen County Public Library, in the Readers’ Services Department on the first floor. Our street address is 900 Library Plaza, Fort Wayne, IN 46801.
The PCNRC does not evaluate or proofread grant proposals for liability reasons.
There are approximately 3,200 nonprofit organizations which include hospitals, churches, foundations and charitable organizations. Because this number fluctuates it’s difficult to give a more accurate number of nonprofit organizations.
You can also re-sort this summary view of Allen County from National Center for Charitable Statistics to create the list you need.
The PCNRC and the Foundation Directory Online are available during the same hours as the Allen County Public Library.
The desk is staffed Monday through Friday from 9am to 1pm, or by appointment. If you’re in need of help after hours, the Readers’ Services’ desk is available to assist you.
Our programs are always free to the public; However, there are times when PCNRC will partner with another organization and there may be a fee to attend that event.
You can access the catalog, “Enterprise” from the Allen County Public Library’s home page at: http://www.acpl.info/. Once there, you can put in search terms in the box to see what books are available. You will also see different terms on the left hand side that could be used to narrow your results, or get a different list of resources. Need help? Check out the library’s “Finding my way around” help page.