Demystifying the 990PF
The Foundation Center’s free online tutorial demystifies the information on a 990PF for nonprofit grant seekers.
“How to Read the New 990“
The Nonprofit Coordinating Committee of New York offers this detailed online explanation of to answer such questions as, “What Can You Tell from Net Assets?”
- The Foundation Center’s 990 Finder
- Economic Research Institute’s Nonprofit Organization Information search
- Nonprofit Explorer – Propublica
Grant Basics I – Learn the Foundation Directory Online
Learn to use the most up-to-date comprehensive database on U.S. grantmakers available for free.
The Foundation Directory Online is the premier tool for grant seeking nonprofits and is at the Paul Clarke Nonprofit Resource Center at the Allen County Public Library.
- Sign up for Grant Basics I here.
Sign up for our grant alerts for Northeast Indiana nonprofits. Depending on your chosen subject area, receive up to weekly alerts on grant opportunities.
- Control your account, make changes, and opt out at anytime through a link at the bottom of every email.
- Also receive our monthly email newsletter to learn about additional nonprofit resources, classes and programs.
- Sign up for the Newsletter and Grant Alerts here.
Grantspace, a service of the Foundation Center, has a free online tutorial on researching potential funding partners.
The Foundation Directory Online (FDO)
The most up-to-date comprehensive database on U.S. grantmakers available for free at the main branch of the Allen County Public Library in the Paul Clarke Nonprofit Resource Center. Walk-ins welcome, depending on availability. Call ahead to secure an appointment: 260-421-1238
- Take a Grant Basics I class to learn how to use the FDO to identify potential foundation partners.
GrantsNet Provides grant information to current and prospective Health & Human Services grantees.
The Grantsmanship Center’s Funding Sources
Includes state, community, private and corporate foundation links
The Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance
Portal for all government grants and database of all Federal programs available (links to Grants.gov).
Grant Resources by Fields of Interest
- Michigan State University Library’s Links to grants for Women
Proposal Writing links
The Foundation Center
Offers online resources including the Foundation Directory Online, a database of Foundation Grantmaking, available at no charge in the Paul Clarke Nonprofit Resource Center.
- See the Proposal Writing Short Course for Components of a Proposal; The Statement of Need; The Budget and more. Available as an online tutorial or a printed version.
- GrantSpace.org is the Foundation Center’s online portal for a variety of proposal writing resources including: Samples, Training schedules, Specific Fields of Interests topics and more.
Non-profit Guides: grant-writing tools for non-profit organizations
Non-profit guides are free, online grant-writing tools for non-profit organizations, charitable, educational, public organizations, and other community-minded groups.
The Center on Philanthropy at Indiana University
Provides training, resources and research on fundraising and more.
The Grantsmanship Center
Provides training opportunities and online resources in grantsmanship
PCNRC Posts on Proposal Writing
Click to see our posts on Proposal Writing resources and information (using the category “Proposal Writing” from our homepage will work, too)