Demystifying the 990PF
The Foundation Center’s free online tutorial demystifies the information on a 990PF for nonprofit grant seekers.
“How to Read the New 990“
The Nonprofit Coordinating Committee of New York offers this detailed online explanation of to answer such questions as, “What Can You Tell from Net Assets?”
- The Foundation Center’s 990 Finder
- Economic Research Institute’s Nonprofit Organization Information search
- Nonprofit Explorer – Propublica
Grant Seeking: the most important part of proposal writing is the search for the foundation which most aligns with a nonprofit’s mission.
Learn the Foundation Directory Online
Learn to use the most up-to-date, comprehensive database on U.S. grantmakers available for free at the Allen County Public Library.
Grantspace, a service of the Foundation Center, has a free online tutorial on researching potential funding partners.
The Foundation Directory Online (FDO)
The most up-to-date comprehensive database on U.S. grantmakers available for free at the main branch of the Allen County Public Library in Readers’ Services on the first floor. Walk-ins welcome, depending on availability. Call ahead to reserve the FDO: 260-421-1235
GrantsNet Provides grant information to current and prospective Health & Human Services grantees.
The Grantsmanship Center’s Funding Sources
Includes state, community, private and corporate foundation links
The Catalog of Federal Domestic Assistance
Portal for all government grants and database of all Federal programs available (links to Grants.gov).
Grant Resources by Fields of Interest
- Michigan State University Library’s Links to grants for Women
Proposal Writing links
The Foundation Center
Offers online resources including the Foundation Directory Online, a database of Foundation Grantmaking, available at no charge in the Paul Clarke Nonprofit Resource Center.
- See the Proposal Writing Short Course for Components of a Proposal; The Statement of Need; The Budget and more. Available as an online tutorial or a printed version.
- GrantSpace.org is the Foundation Center’s online portal for a variety of proposal writing resources including: Samples, Training schedules, Specific Fields of Interests topics and more.
Non-profit Guides: grant-writing tools for non-profit organizations
Non-profit guides are free, online grant-writing tools for non-profit organizations, charitable, educational, public organizations, and other community-minded groups.
The Center on Philanthropy at Indiana University
Provides training, resources and research on fundraising and more.
The Grantsmanship Center
Provides training opportunities and online resources in grantsmanship.