Marketing and Development Director
Just Neighbors IHN serves homeless families by uniting faith community volunteers and local agencies in a cooperative effort to provide shelter, meals, and comprehensive, compassionate and ongoing support.
In collaboration with the executive director, the marketing and development director is responsible for the creation and implementation of the organization’s marketing and fund development plan. This is a part-time position with flexible hours.
- In collaboration with the executive director, responsible for developing an annual comprehensive development plan with targeted goals, objectives, methods, quantifiable outcomes and timelines which will achieve budgeted goals.
- Provide consultation to the executive director in writing and submitting new and renewed grants and reports.
- Explore and establish program partnerships and strategic alliances that will extend the organization’s brand in the community, including the development (with the executive director) of a comprehensive marketing plan that includes events, media relations, press releases, social networking, website, newsletters, and an annual report.
- Responsible for working closely with staff to review program services in order to obtain information to comply with donor expectations and be aware of programmatic needs for funding to fill gaps or unmet needs of clients.
- With board of directors and executive director, provide leadership in the managing and promoting of a signature fundraising event.
- Explore new mission-driven program initiatives in collaboration with the executive director and staff.
- Manage the production and distribution of quality materials that support development and marketing goals.
- In conjunction with the executive director, cultivate relationships with civic organizations, religious communities, business corporations, corporate, and local foundations via presentations, tours and volunteerism.
- Adhere to ethical practices in stewardship of gifts, donor data base, and acknowledgment system.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Bachelor’s Degree required with at least 5 years’ experience in marketing and development.
- Proven success in areas of individual and corporate giving as well as grant writing, annual campaigns, major gifts, and other fund development.
- Committed team player with a passion for the mission of Just Neighbors Interfaith Homeless Network.
- Familiarity with computer programs relevant to marketing and development activities.
- Documented experience with nonprofit marketing and social media.
Apply to Rev. Dr. Terry Anderson, Executive Director, Just Neighbors IHN, 2925 E State Blvd., Fort Wayne IN 46805 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org