Early Childhood Alliance (Fort Wayne, IN) is a not-for-profit organization
with the mission of building better futures for young children by promoting
and providing quality early childhood education and services for families,
businesses and early childhood professionals.
Title: CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER – Part-Time (20 hours)
The Chief Financial Officer (CFO) has overall responsibility for complete range of accounting and business management functions of the agency. The CFO is expected to make substantial contributions to Early Childhood Alliance’s mission by accurately overseeing the preparation and maintenance of all financial records for the agency. The CFO performs duties according to agency financial policies and procedures, using sound accounting practices to ensure that all financial functions are completed properly.
The CFO maintains frequent contact with agency staff, board of directors, community agencies, administrators, service providers, vendors, volunteers and the public for the purpose of exchanging information related to agency finance and programs.
- Conducts analysis and supports the review and implementation of new/modified accounting and financial policies to ensure consistency and accuracy of financial information.
- Supervises the preparation of financial operating statements, budgets and reimbursement cost reports. Accumulates annual budget information, analyzes and periodically reports on variances.
- Maintains complete, accurate and accessible financial records.
Communicates organization financial results to outside agencies and to the board of
- Trains all staff and board members on organization’s financial matters.
- Assists the CEO with fund raising, special projects, contract negotiations, etc.
- Acts as liaison with outside oversight agencies.
- Oversees all company accounting practices including Accountant and acts as backup when necessary
- Bachelor’s degree required in Accounting, Finance or Business; CPA preferred.
- A minimum of ten years experience
- Excellent oral, analytical and written communication skills
- Up to date knowledge of current financial and accounting technology
To apply: Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please reference the job title in the email subject line.
Applications can be found online at http://www.ecalliance.org/about-eca/welcome-to-eca/career-opportunities
Early Childhood Alliance.
3320 Fairfield Ave.
Fort Wayne, IN. 46807