Provide leadership to YWCA staff, Board of Directors and committees/task forces in the establishment of effective programs, cost effective and supportive facilities and comprehensive funding sources in support of the organization’s mission.
Responsibilities of the President/CEO:
- Ability to envision, develop and implement an organizational strategy that will showcase the successful programs and resources the YWCA provides in our community. Responsible for the development of short and long-term goals through strategic planning for the entire organization; for implementation and monitoring of action plans, evaluation of results, and succession planning.
- Hire and develop a high-performance team. Provide leadership and work direction to all direct reports and their staff with the purpose of developing a management/leadership team to operate at their peak performance of excellence. Oversee the development, maintenance, and personnel administration encompassing all functional areas of human resource management.
- Be the face of the YWCA. Actively engage the community and work with development team in explaining the mission of the organization to the public through all means of communication; for maintaining effective client relations with distribution agencies; and for maintaining appropriate relations with other social service and professional groups in the community.
- Oversee the planning and implementation of a comprehensive fund raising program. This includes “hands on” experience and ability in face-to-face solicitation.
- Work closely with the Board of Directors and all board committees in an advisory and decision-making capacity. Ensure that tasks assigned by these bodies are completed. Act as ex-officio member of the board.
- Ensure that the YWCA provides human service of significant value in the communities we serve.
- Responsible for the preparation of the organizational budget for both operational and capital needs for issuance of all checks, vouchers and payments; for monitoring the financial operations of the organization.
- Responsible for meeting all appropriate legal requirements relative to the operation of the organization, including all public accountability at both state and federal levels.
- Responsible for the security and maintenance of facilities for the successful operation of the organization.
Requirements of the President/CEO:
- Bachelor’s in Human Services, Social Service Administration or similar and Master’s required.
- Experience in the field of health and human services, a residential services facility or with a company in the private sector, interacting with volunteers, non-profit partners and diverse board members.
- Ability to engage and cultivate long-standing relationships with community partners.
- In conjunction with the Director of Development, have the insight to create a dynamic annual fund raising component that is sustainable.
- Experience in developing leaders and building teams.
- Successful track record in management, including financial management, budgeting, human resources, contract administration, and strategic planning.
- Must be committed to mission of YWCA.