RFP for Event Coordinator Brightpoint Tiny House Showcase October 13- 15, 2017
Deadline for proposals: May 25,2017 by 5:00 p.m.
This Request for Proposal (RFP) is issued by Community Action of Northeast Indiana, Inc., dba Brightpoint. The purpose of this RFP is to establish a contract with a qualified event coordinator to execute a first-time event called the Brightpoint Tiny House Showcase. The qualified event coordinator will be responsible for overall event logistics, including day-of-event coordination, and overseeing a committee of community volunteers. For more detailed information see the Scope of Work section below.
In 2010, Brightpoint entered the housing development world with a 35-home affordable housing subdivision called Hopewell Pointe located on the southwest side of Fort Wayne,Indiana. In the following years, several other affordable housing projects were proposed, but so far none have come to fruition. In December of 2016, we began entertaining the idea of the Tiny House Showcase. In january 2017, the Brightpoint board of directors approved moving forward with the concept.
The objectives of the Brightpoint Tiny House Showcase are to:
- Expand awareness of Brightpoint and our housing efforts as an affordable housing developer in Northeast Indiana
- Educate and introduce the Tiny House Movement to Fort Wayne residents, city planners,and potential builders
- Raise funds for future Brightpoint projects
Brightpoint is seeking the assistance of a professional event coordinator to work alongside our Development staff and volunteer committee members to coordinate a successful high-profile event. We are anticipating 2,ooo- 3,000 attendees for this weekend event to be held October 13-15, 2017. The gross income goal is $6o,ooo with the majority of the funds expected to come in through sponsorships.
Scope of Work: To realize the above, Brightpoint seeks an organized event coordinator to provide the following serv1ces:
- Develop a timeline and work plan
- Plan, organize, and conduct meetings
- Work with Development staff and volunteers through subcommittees to execute plan
- Utilize a project management system to organize the event that can be accessed by all involved staff and volunteers
- Meet with Development staff as needed to provide updates on progress, issues, resources and budget matters.
- Create and execute event volunteer program and training in coordination with staff and volunteer
- Submit a post-event evaluation report with recommendations
Day of Event
- Supervise all aspects of the event and coordinate the logistics and onsite supervision of the event
Questions: Participants may ask questions about the RFP by sending them in writing via email to Jennie Renner (JennieRenner@mybrightpoint.org.) Participants are asked NOT to contact any other staff, volunteers,or vendors involved with this Brightpoint event.
Full description and instructions for applying here.