Working with and reporting to the Director of Individual Giving, the Digital Marketing and Education Outreach Coordinator plays an active role in leveraging digital, social media and online tools to engage donors and community members with PBS39’s content and services and in coordinating education outreach activities in the community.
Description: The Digital Marketing and Education Outreach Coordinator performs functions that include but are not limited to:
Social Media and Email Marketing
- Develop content, promotion and engagement strategies
- Establish weekly content editorial calendar to manage content and plan specific, timely marketing campaigns
- Create content, manage, set up, and execute email blasts
- Analyze local and national email campaign results and implement optimization
- Develop brand awareness and online reputation
- Promote content through social advertising
- Utilize a content editorial calendar to manage content and plan specific, timely marketing campaigns.
- Develop and expand community and/or influencer outreach efforts
- Design, create and manage promotions and social ad campaigns
- Explore ways in which to fundraise via social media
- Developing, promote and execute education outreach workshops and events that connect PBS Learning Media and PBS Kids initiatives with our community.
- Manage the Explorer Club, a membership-based kids’ club that provides educational outreach activities to its members
- Communicate to stakeholders (educators, donors, families, etc.) through print, on air, email and social media, promoting PBS39’s role as an educational resource
- Administer education specific projects as they arise
- Serve as the station’s liaison with schools, teachers, daycare providers, community partners, and other educational organizations and institutions.
- Maintain a database of education-oriented organizations and institutions for use by PBS39.
- Maintain accurate and timely records as requested.
- Participate in organization-wide activities such as periodic pledge drives, special events, etc. as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by Director of Individual Giving.
Work schedule will be determined by the needs of the organization, often dictated by specific projects. Occasional nights and weekends will be required.
- A bachelor’s degree, preferably in marketing or communications
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills
- Excellent writing and language skills
- Demonstrated ability to operate independently in an effective and efficient manner
- Demonstrated attention to detail in a multi-tasking environment
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook) and email marketing applications (Constant Contact, ex.)
- Possesses knowledge and experience in the tenets of traditional marketing
- Demonstrates creativity and documented immersion in social media
- Familiarity of public broadcasting and PBS Kids programming
PBS39 is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from qualified candidates without regard for race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, or military status. Review of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Submit cover letter, resume to:
Human Resources Director
2501 E. Coliseum Boulevard Fort Wayne, IN 46805-1562
(260) 483-9367 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org