Club Orchestra is part of El Sistema, a visionary world movement transforming the lives of children and their communities through music, a new model for social change. Our mission is to empower children by providing an intensive music program that teaches the importance of teamwork, promotes self-confidence, and instills the value of social responsibility.
• The Program Manager is charged with leading Club O’s success.
• The Program Manager is responsible for the overall management and administration of Club Orchestra, ensuring effective program execution, carrying out its mission and assuring the program’s sustainability and growth to the greatest areas of need across Fort Wayne and Northeast Indiana.
• The Program Manager will assist in implementing the development strategy to achieve Club Orchestra’s fundraising goals, and work with staff to cultivate various income sources from private foundations, individuals, corporations, and government grants, among others. This includes leveraging key relationships and contacts within and outside Northeast Indiana to maintain and grow income streams.
• Other areas of responsibility include supervision of program planning and evaluation, policy planning, personnel and fiscal management, marketing, community engagement, and public relations.
• This is a full-time, salaried position with benefits. It is hired by the Education Director and directly accountable to that position within the Fort Wayne Philharmonic.
• Minimum of a bachelor’s degree and three years experience in the education field is preferred
• The successful candidate will have a personal commitment to education, be able to work in a fast-paced environment, and manage multiple projects simultaneously
• S/he will have the ability to think both strategically and tactically and have a strong attention to detail
• S/he will demonstrate a willingness to be a team player in a highly collaborative environment
• Experience with the El-Sistema movement and training preferred
• Willingness to learn about El-Sistema movement and integrate principles into daily operations
• Salary commensurate with experience and job performance
• Benefits include health and dental insurance, 403(b) plan, and paid vacation, holiday, and sick leave
• Application Deadline: March 1, 2017
• Contact Name: Jason G. Pearman, Director of Education and Community Engagement
• Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Website: http://www.fwphil.org
• Application Procedure: Send letter of application and resume via email to the address above. No phone inquiries, please.