Residential Assistant Position (part-time)
The Residential Assistant (RA) – provides supportive services to women recovering from substance abuse in a residential treatment facility. This individual must be skilled in documenting information, handling client issues and complaints, and providing basic customer service to clients and guests. Duties include but are not limited to: maintaining a professional environment; providing positive feedback to clients as needed; completing referrals, progress and corrective action forms; monitoring and accurately documenting client medication intake; documenting daily room checks; observing and documenting client behavior and activities; assigning and verifying completion of residential chores, answering and directing telephone calls; serving as a point of contact to clients and guests; inventory management, and transportation of clients using a company vehicle. RA’s may be called on to oversee the clients’ children for short periods of time on occasion. Facility operates 24/7 and is staffed accordingly. RAs work every other weekend and every other holiday.
This is a part-time position averaging 20-24 hours/week. Every effort is made to set regular weekly schedules, but occasional changes must be made to cover openings for staff vacancies and/or days off. You may be asked to work additional hours to cover these times. Current openings are for evening and night shifts.
Position offers a great opportunity to gain experience in the field of addictions, necessary for more advanced positions.
Minimum Education, Experience, Licensing, Skills and Other Requirements
- High School diploma or GED required, Associate degree preferred;
- Residential setting experience with a minimum of 1-2 years experience preferred;
- Prior work with addiction preferred;
- Possess CPR/First Aid certification or the ability to obtain one within 90 days of hiring (organization will reimburse);
- Possess a valid Indiana chauffeur license or the ability to obtain one within 14 days of hiring (organization will reimburse);
- If recovering from substance abuse addiction, a minimum of 2 years consistent clean time required;
- Knowledge of medical terminology is useful;
- Must be computer literate;
- Good written and verbal communication skills required;
- Must have personal integrity and be able to work with diverse personalities;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with clients, their children, staff and general public;
- Ability to work under stressful situations while maintaining a professional demeanor;
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and complete work assignments
Please send resumes to Keba McMullen firstname.lastname@example.org