- Full-time, exempt, salaried
- Provide support and aid women and their families in overcoming substance abuse addiction and developing positive family skills.
- Reports to the Clinical Director.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Interview clients to determine nature and degree of substance abuse problem and develop treatment plans;
- Secure information, such as medical, psychological and social history contributing to client’s situation;
- Assist clients, both individually and in groups, to modify attitudes and patterns of behavior by increasing understanding of self, personal problems and client’s part in creating those attitudes;
- Facilitate groups focusing on addiction, relapse prevention and twelve steps.
- Assist client progress by giving appropriate assignments, offering feedback in groups and tracking progress throughout program;
- Compile records and prepare reports, includes documenting client’s care, activities, progress toward recovery, or lack of, etc., and monthly staffing reports;
- Develop and update individual client charts including assessments, contracts, service agreements, release forms, treatment plans, drug screen results, medical information and discharge forms;
- Refer clients to community resources and other organizations;
- Observe client’s daily living and parenting skills and redirect and/or teach skills where needed;
- Complete weekly 1:1 sessions with assigned clients;
- Communicate with each client’s Child Protective Service caseworker, advising them of each client’s progress and/or problems and/or goals;
- Follow up with referrals written on assigned clients and give appropriate consequences for behavior;
- Provide van transportation for clients;
- Follow-up client’s case with home visits, telephone calls, attending meetings and providing assistance as appropriate;
- Accurately document all interactions with client in the Electronic Medical Record;
- Attend staff meetings, weekly treatment team meetings, and in-service training programs.
- May take clients to the park and on nature walks.
- May perform simple repair jobs for facility and clients.
- May attend continuing education programs/workshops.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- While performing the duties of this job, the Case Manager reaches with arms; uses hands, fingers, sight, hearing, and verbal communication; climbs stairs; stoops, kneels; moves materials weighing up to 40 pounds. This position requires a mix of sitting, standing and walking.
- Work is performed indoors with occasional temperature variations. May spend time out-of-doors with clients.
Minimum Education, Experience, Licensing and Other Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree is required;
- Bachelor’s degree in social work, psychology or other related field preferred;
- One year experience working in the addictions field required;
- Alcohol & Drug Abuse Certification from a recognized credentialing organization preferred;
- Must obtain valid Indiana chauffeur license or obtain within 14 days of hiring;
- Possess CPR/First Aid certification or obtain within 90 days of hiring;
- If recovering from substance abuse addiction, a minimum of 2 years consistent clean time required.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics
- Strong verbal, written and telephone skills;
- Ability to relate to a diverse multi-cultural population;
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with clients, their children, staff and general public;
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and finish work assignments;
- Ability to enforce program policies and procedures;
- Knowledge of drug and alcohol abuse treatment techniques;
- Ability to use a personal computer and available software;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information handled;
- Ability to recognize and respond to potential dangers to clients, their children, staff and visitors;
- Ability to control volatile child behavior;
- Ability to provide own transportation when participating in off-site Women’s Bureau business or activities;
- Ability to perform the physical activities associated with this job;
- Ability to work nights and weekends occasionally.
Please send resumes to Lisa Bartelheim for the Case Manager: email@example.com