Fort Wayne Dance Collective is seeking a Production & Events Intern. We are looking for a vibrant, go-getting intern with a strong interest in event planning and the behind-the-scenes work of planning and executing performing arts productions (including internationally renowned guest dance company, Battery Dance of NYC). This internship is 10-hours per week and will run October 2016-May 2017.
Earn first hand experience in Arts Administration and Artistic Direction through the following:
- Planning and logistics involved in producing original dance works in 3 different venues
- Assist Artistic Director in production planning and execution, including staging,
set/costume design, and marketing
- Working/training with amateur professional dancers/choreographers
- Assist in promotion and distribution of marketing materials, including digital
marketing (learn valuable skills such as Google and Facebook advertising)
- Assist staff with special events and fundraisers, including festivals and events in greater Fort Wayne
- Work concerts, workshops and special events in coordination with other staff
- Inventory wardrobe and props
To be eligible, applicants MUST:
- Have a flexible schedule with some evening and weekend hours required
- Be currently enrolled in college, or be one-year post graduation
- Apply through Indianaintern.net
Visit the Fort Wayne Dance Collective website to download a PDF with more information.