The Development Associate is responsible for donor services activities, provides support for fundraising events and events taking place in The Peggy F. Murphy Community Grief Center.
Reports to: Chief Development Officer
- Associate’s degree preferred, but not required
- Proficiency in utilizing donor software, preferably Raiser’s Edge
- Experience as an event planner or fundraising professional
- Excellent interpersonal, writing, proofreading and administrative skills
- Strong organizational skills and time management skills with exceptional attention to detail required
- Strong customer service skills
- Highly skilled in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Publisher, PowerPoint)
- Must have strong interpersonal qualities and have the ability to establish rapport with a wide variety of individuals
- Ability to work independently and as a team player; to take initiative and manage multiple tasks and projects at a time to meet deadlines
- High energy and passion for Visiting Nurse’s mission is essential
- Must be able to safely perform the essential functions of the job without posing a direct threat to the health and/or safety of self or others in the workplace
- Must have Indiana motor vehicle operator’s license and have access to a reliable automobile with current automobile insurance coverage.
- Responsible for entering data, tracking of incoming donations in Raiser’s Edge, generating acknowledgment letters and sending pledge reminders.
- Create and generate reports, queries and mailing lists from Raiser’s Edge.
- Support Visiting Nurse fundraising efforts by researching prospective donors.
- Identify and research potential event sponsors.
- Attends all Development Committee Meetings and Special Event Committee Meetings and take meeting minutes.
- Contacts members of the Development Committee and Special Events Committees with meeting reminders and provide them with necessary materials.
- Facilitate communication via phone, mail and e-mail with Visiting Nurse supporters.
- Provide reconciliation reports to the Finance Department for all contributions and memorials and prepare bank deposits.
- With the involvement and supervision of the Chief Development Officer, manage aspects of planning, implementation and follow-up for Visiting Nurse fundraising events including logistics, auction item solicitation and volunteer coordination.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of all fundraising events by providing reports on overall event performance, event attendance, sponsorships confirmed and expenses incurred.
- Serve as the point of contact and prepare, execute and provide follow up for all events taking place in The Peggy F. Murphy Community Grief Center.
- Serve as back-up receptionist at The Peggy F. Murphy Community Grief Center and provide front desk coverage during lunch hours, meetings and time off for the Grief Team’s Administrative Assistant.
- Serve as a back-up receptionist, as needed, at the front desk of the administrative building to provide coverage during lunch hours, meetings and time off for the Receptionist.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality and have the ability to handle situations in a diplomatic and tactful manner.
- Any other duties as assigned by supervisor, within level of expertise.
- Adheres to all Agency policies.
- Adhere to the Visiting Nurse dress code policy.
- Adheres to VN privacy practices as described in the notice of Privacy Practices.
- Participates in quality improvement activities and/or other agency committees or task forces when requested.
To apply, please visit: