The Parkview Family YMCA has one available position:
Child Care Site Assistant
The Parkview Family YMCA is seeking part-time School Age Child Care Site Assistants that are enthusiastic, energetic, and compassionate with a strong desire to positively impact the lives of young children.
The Site Assistant position has a significant impact on the effectiveness of the Before/After School Care Program. Site Assistants assist the Site Director in an offsite elementary school location to provide quality care for school age children before and after school. The Y is the leading child care provider and our program provides participants with age appropriate activities to promote a fun learning environment and memorable experience with the YMCA.
Successful leadership in this position is defined as growth in participation and quality enhancement, sound adherence to defined standards, and positive feedback from parents.
Free training in CPR and First Aid
Applications accepted through August 31, 2016.
- Fulfill Y’s mission to put Christian principles into practice through programs that build healthy spirit, mind, and body for all.
- Promote and incorporate the YMCA core values and mission into all aspects of the job and in the community.
- Promote diversity by including all students. Views diversity as an asset, rather than a burden to be tolerated.
- Assist to ensure that the site meets all established YMCA Quality Standards.
- Enforce all program rules and policies.
- Ensure that site emergency plans are followed when necessary.
- Assist Site Director in completing weekly/monthly lesson plans.
- Assist in creating and distributing monthly newsletters
- Assist in promoting the site.
- Aid Site Director with all site accounting as needed.
- Assist in maintaining up to date student files.
- Communicate effectively with parents/guardians through daily dialogue.
- Accurately and neatly fill out all site forms as necessary and promptly submit to the School Age Child Care Site Director.
- Report all discipline, accounting, or other problems to the School Age Child Care Site Director.
- Attend all required meetings and trainings.
- Assist in maintaining the quality of supplies, equipment, and materials.
- Help School Age Child Care Site Director in following-up with school staff or parent/guardian for any unplanned absences.
- Participate as an active team member for the overall advancement of the association.
- Perform any additional tasks assigned by supervisors.
- Must be at least 18 years of age and attending school.
- Experience in supervision.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent human relations skills.
- Math and record keeping proficiency.
- Required trainings:
- Within 30 days of hire: Child Abuse & Neglect training (online through State of Indiana).
- Within 60 days of hire: CPR and First Aid certifications.
- Within 60 days of hire: Blood Borne Pathogens (Redwoods online).
- Within 90 days of hire: Listen First and Y Welcome.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit and stoop, kneel or crouch, crawl, talk and hear. May occasionally be required to climb or balance.
- The employee frequently reaches with hands or arms.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust and focus.
- Frequently required to audibly address large groups of people in indoor and outdoor settings.
- Lead, demonstrate, and/or participate in indoor and outdoor sports and activities for a sustained period of time.
- Frequently working outdoors in a variety of weather conditions including extreme temperatures.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. Job duties will be performed outdoors in a variety of weather conditions including extreme temperatures.
How to Apply:
Visit the YMCA website to apply.