A Friend’s House has one available position:
Founded in 2005, A Friend’s House is dedicated to encouraging women to understand the past, live in the present, and prepare for the future in a healthy, positive manner and from a Biblical worldview.
We are a long-term residential facility located in Bluffton, Indiana, serving women over the age of 18, with an annual budget of $400,000. Learn more about us at http://www.helpforwomen.net.
Reporting to the Board of Directors and working in collaboration with an experienced Director of Operations and staff, the Executive Director will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for AFH and for the execution of its mission, with particular emphasis on fundraising and relationship building. Reporting directly to the ED will be the Director of Operations and the House Coordinator. Salary for this full-time, exempt position has been set at $40,000. Anticipated start date: November 1, 2016.
Leadership & Management
- Together with the board, create and promote the vision for AFH ministries
- Lead, coach, develop and invest in staff, fostering a spirit of teamwork, cooperation, and unity
- Plan and coordinate the annual business plan (budget, fundraising, strategic goals and objectives) for board input and approval
- Review and monitor operational finances in consultation with finance staff, prioritizing expenditures and allocating resources
- Participate in monthly staff meetings
- Attend all board meetings and report as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors
Fundraising & Communications
- Design and execute full fundraising plan, including building awareness and cultivating relationships with individuals and groups
- Research and manage grant applications, reports, and foundation relations
- Evaluate and pursue opportunities to promote the vision of the organization and expand revenue generating activities
- Plan and implement social events in collaboration with staff to promote relationships and facilitate fundraising
- Coordinate inclusive communication plan including donor acknowledgments, newsletters and all electronic media
- Oversee programming through the Director of Operations
- Work with Director of Operations, Board of Directors, and Doctrinal Advisory Board in designing, approving and implementing any program changes
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in business administration, management, public relations, or related field
- Relevant experience in a nonprofit setting, with leadership and fundraising responsibilities; ability to point to specific examples of success in past work settings
- Commitment to a Biblical world view and Christian principles, evidenced by a personal faith story and involvement in a home congregation
- Experience in a mental health or residential program will be a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
- Unwavering commitment to excellence and transparency in organizational management, staff relationships, and board collaboration
- Familiarity with Bluffton-Wells County and the surrounding area will be a plus
- Desktop Publishing experience in Mac and PC environments preferred
How to Apply:
AFH has enlisted Baumgartner Brown Consulting LLC to assist with this search. Please submit a thoughtful cover letter and résumé to email@example.com. Applications will be evaluated as they are received.