For our first Marketing Seminar Series this year we invited for-profit Cyclone Social’s Founder and President – Andrew Lamping. In the hour and a half brown bag lunch presentation, he provided some great words of wisdom and tips for marketing.
Lamping began with saying “strategy trumps advertising.” Your strategy begins with the sales process. The sales process steps are:
- buy again/or refer
- buy/visit (create a remarkable experience)
- invite (have real conversations with your audience and find your brand’s voice)
- intrigue (tell your story)
- expose (show content to your audience)
- identify audience (listen for trends and what people are saying on social media)
All of these steps aim to build long term sustainability. Lamping suggests to work backward, from the bottom (identify audience) up (loyalty).
In addition, our guest speaker shared an advance marketing tip for exposing your audience to specific content – Facebook dark post or unpublished post ads. It is an ad post that does not show on your page. It is only visible to the audience you target in their news feed. This is a good tool to test different ads or content to difference audiences without flooding your page. Lamping was not able to get into the specific steps to create a Facebook dark post due to time. However, there are numerous videos on YouTube on how to create one.