Serve Indiana is pleased to announce Indiana Kids, a funding opportunity made possible through the Family and Social Services Agency’s (FSSA) -Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) funding. The purpose of TANF is to 1) provide assistance to needy families so that children may be cared for in their own homes 2) end the dependence of needy parents on government benefits by promoting job preparation, work, and marriage 3) prevent and reduce the incidence of out-of-wedlock pregnancies and establish annual numerical goals for preventing and reducing the incidence of these pregnancies 4) encourage the formation and maintenance of two-parent families.
Organizations pursuing Indiana Kids funding will focus on TANF priority 3 and/or 4. Organizations reaching sites in multiple counties are highly encouraged to apply.
Indiana Kids, formerly Mitch’s Kids, came out of the Mitch Daniels administration in 2005. It has since been named Indiana Kids. Indiana Kids has four main goals:
- Increase youth career and college readiness
- Promote civic responsibility through engaging students in service activities
- Increase student academic achievement
- Increase parents job skills, parenting skills, and life skills leading to overall self-sufficiency
- Request for Proposal
- Program Summary Sheet (each applicant must submit a program summary to Ceceily Brickley, firstname.lastname@example.org by May 27, 2016 by 4:30 pm)
- Logic Model Template
- Budget Template
APPLICATION DEADLINES AND TIMELINE
RFP Released: April 13, 2016
Applications due to Ceceily Brickley email@example.com or by mail to 10 N. Senate SE 205 Indianapolis, IN 46202 by 4:30 pm on May 27, 2016
There are currently no FAQ topics however, please forward any questions to Ceceily Brickley, firstname.lastname@example.org and we will keep this section updated weekly.
For more information, please visit our website.