Director of Underwriting
89.1 WBOI and Classical 94.1 WBNI public radio seek a Director of Underwriting. The position is responsible for securing business financial support and event sponsorships.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Prospecting potential program underwriters, developing new business and renewing existing clients
- Preparing proposals for program support and event sponsorship
- Assisting on-air fundraising campaigns by soliciting corporate challenge grants
- Negotiating trade contracts with for-profit and nonprofit organizations
- Maintaining positive relationships with clients by writing copy that meets FCC and station requirements and working to meet client needs
- Working with other station staff and represent the organization at community networking events as required
- Assisting with fund drives and other development activities as required
- Meeting annual revenue goals as set by Manager and Board of Trustees
- Other duties as assigned
The Director of Underwriting will meet annual goals for program underwriting that are a major source of financial support for the organization.
The successful candidate will be highly motivated self-starter with a proven track record of developing new business and a demonstrated competency in working independently. College degree required. Knowledge of the community is preferred. Knowledge of public radio and an understanding of and commitment to its values and mission are highly desirable. This position is full-time, salaried, and reports directly to the President and General Manager.
Must have a valid driver’s license and a vehicle with appropriate insurance. Prior experience in sales/marketing; previous media sales experience preferred. Must have basic knowledge of MS office products, i.e. MS Word and Windows environment, and ability to learn new software.
Interested applicants should send a résumé and cover letter explaining how your skills and experience are aligned with this position via email to: Peter Dominowski, President and General Manager: email@example.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and do not discriminate with regard to race, gender, ethnicity, religion, or sexual orientation.
3404 Clairmont Ct. P.O. Box 8459, Fort Wayne, IN 46898 / 260-452-1189 / wboi.org