The YWCA of Northeast Indiana has one available position.
Bilingual Family Case Manager
Provide intensive support services to assist domestic violence survivors attain goals leading to self-sufficiency. Prefer Bi-Lingual candidate (English and/or Spanish and/or Burmese)
- Interview and assess applicants for appropriateness for entry into program.
- Provide case management/home visits for clients; Observe client’s daily living and parenting skills ; redirect and/or teach skills where needed.
- Facilitate education / job training / life skills groups.
- Work closely with other case managers and shelter staff.
- Collaborate with other service providers and/or stakeholders in order to obtain referrals into the program.
- Refer clients, according to their specific needs, to appropriate community resources and advocate on their behalf.
- Maintain compliance with state standards.
- Maintain accurate and appropriate records.
- Adhere to established policies and procedures.
- Participate in marketing efforts of program.
- Listen and assist clients with options as client issues arise; create and maintain high quality work environment to perform at highest level.
- Process new clients and those exiting the program.
- Transport clients in personal vehicle, as needed.
- Other duties as assigned to meet the organization’s goals.
- Bachelor’s in Social Work or related field, or equivalent education and experience.
- CPR and First Aid Certifications
- Ability to speak Spanish and/or Burmese as a second language
Knowledge and Experience; Physical/Mental Requirements
- Walking, standing, bending, stooping, reaching, moderate lifting and carrying (up to thirty (30) pounds).
- Full range of body motion including manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination.
- Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
- Ability to sit at a computer work station for extended periods of time.
- Occasional need to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to focus on detail and accuracy of work product.
- Work is performed primarily in a non-smoking office environment, though travel may expose employee to inclement weather conditions.
- Occasional high stress may be experienced in dealing with clients, staff and volunteers.
How to Apply
*To view the full job description and apply online, see HERE