YWCA Northeast Indiana has one available position.
Director of Development
Plan, direct and coordinate all aspects of agency development, including, but not limited to cultivating donor relationships, major fundraising activities, grant writing and administration and special projects for consistency and overall effectiveness. Participate in development and implementation of agency’s strategic plan and help ensure the financial stability of program offerings and the agency as a whole.
- Implement, administer, and oversee fund development efforts.
- Work closely with CEO to develop, implement and maintain fund development strategies that will ensure agency financial stability.
- Develop and nurture relationships with current and potential donors, including, but not limited to corporations, foundations and individuals, that will procure funds while promoting our mission: eliminating racism, empowering women.
- Work closely with Chief Financial Officer, Chief Program Officer and program staff to ensure funding for all areas, including internal and external customers.
- Manage all aspects of grant administration and communications including research, writing, and reporting.
- Direct and manage all staff assigned to the Development Function.
- Represent the YWCA in the community with other service providers, businesses, government, and/or stakeholders.
- Maintain compliance with state standards and federal standards.
- Maintain accurate and appropriate records.
- Adhere to established policies and procedures.
- Provide leadership for YWCA fund development for support of all programs and the overall Association.
- Other duties as assigned to meet organizational goals.
Education, Knowledge & Experience
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent education and experience, plus 3-5 years of fundraising experience and 1-3 years of management experience.
- Proven ability to effectively and respectfully interact with diverse populations, including clients, co-workers, and agency.
- Experience in networking, team building and public speaking.
- Strong customer service skills with ability to communicate in a professional manner with a wide range of people.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and discretion when handling potentially confidential or sensitive manners.
- Strong time management skills; ability to take initiative to solve problems and work with minimum supervision.
- Knowledge of domestic violence issues and patterns and their effects on men, women, and children.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Accurate, well organized, and detail-oriented, with ability to work under pressure and shift priorities in response to changing needs.
- Ability to keep accurate records and files.
The Director of Development is considered to be a full-time employee of YWCA Northeast Indiana and is eligible for a full benefit program including group health and dental insurance plans, employer paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan, paid time off, and holidays.
How to Apply
Visit the website for more information about the position and how to apply.