YWCA Northeast Indiana has three available positions.
Crisis Services Assistant
This is a regular part-time position with the YWCA of Northeast Indiana provides residential clients with support services and activities to assist their process of moving from crisis to stability.
- Maintain accurate and appropriate records including but not limited to: Communication Logs, Daily Entry, Crisis Calls, and Intakes.
- Responsible for accurate data entry of intakes, crisis calls, abusers log, and rooms list. This includes cross training other staff.
- Manage shelter activities ensuring adequate coverage and working procedures are in place at all times.
- Monitor and respond to activity at entry doors.
- Answer incoming crisis calls.
- Respond to and resolve client issues; create and maintain high quality work environment to perform at highest level.
- Process new clients and those exiting the program.
- Maintain an adequate inventory of all shelter consumables; including but not limited to, personal items, kitchen supplies, and food.
- Transport clients in company vehicles, as needed.
- Assist with site and building support, including but not limited to, maintaining medication keys, assigning rooms, monitor freezer and refrigerator temperatures, replace toilet paper and shower curtains, and make beds and clean facilities
- Oversee smoke breaks.
- Other duties as assigned to meet the organization’s goals.
- High School Diploma or equivalent combination of education and experience
- CPR and First Aid certifications.
Knowledge and Experience
- Strong customer service skills with ability to communicate in a professional manner with a wide range of people. Unequivocal commitment to pluralism.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and discretion when handling potentially confidential or sensitive manners.
- Strong time management skills; ability to take initiative to solve problems and work with minimum supervision.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- 1-3 years of general office experience, including reception and telephone duties.
- 1-3 years of experience with general office equipment (copiers, printers)
- Accurate, organized, and detail-oriented, with ability to work under pressure and shift priorities in response to changing needs.
- Ability to keep accurate records and files
- Must comply with organization’s policy of automobile insurance: must have a valid driver’s license and personal automobile insurance coverage.
- Flexibility to change work hours as needed.
Physical/Mental Essential Requirements
- Walking, standing, bending, stooping, reaching, moderate lifting and carrying (up to thirty (30) pounds).
- Full range of body motion including manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination.
- Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
- Ability to sit at a computer work station for extended periods of time.
- Occasional need to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to focus on detail and accuracy of work product.
- Work is performed primarily in a non-smoking office environment, though travel may expose employee to inclement weather conditions.
- Occasional high stress may be experienced in dealing with clients, staff and volunteers.
*Additional Information for the 3rd shift job opening can be found Here.
*Additional Information for the As Needed job opening can be found Here.
*Additional Information for the PT Weekend job opening can be found Here.