Little River Wetlands Project, a nonprofit focused on restoring and preserving wetlands in the watershed of the Little River in northeast Indiana, is looking for a part time equivalent Accountant. More information about LRWP can be found at www.lrwp.org/page/about#mission.
We’re seeking a candidate who has completed an Associate Degree, is working on a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or has two years relevant experience with a strong background in accounting/bookkeeping. Knowledge of QuickBooks, Microsoft Office Suite; and Mail Chimp experience is a plus. The Accountant is responsible for general accounting and analysis of financial statements. Manage database of donor, grant, and membership contributions. Provide support to the Executive Director, Director of Preserves and Programs, and the LRWP Board Treasurer.
22.5 hours per week Monday – Friday
Occasional Weekend or Evening Shift
This part-time position reports to the Executive Director (ED).
Please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Once you have submitted your information online, please call the office at 260-478-2515 and let them know that you have submitted your resume. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
- Process invoices and other financial transactions in QuickBooks in compliance with GAAP
- Perform balance sheet reconciliation and profit and loss account analysis
- Assist Board Treasurer in generating and analyzing monthly financial statements
- Assist Board Treasurer and Executive Director with Federal Form 990 “Organization Exempt From Income Tax” preparation
- Maintain secure and confidential files as designated
- Assure compliance with established financial control procedures related to handling cash, checks, deposits, and credit cards
- Manage donor, grant, and other funds consistent with established financial control procedures, prepare, reconcile, track and report on membership, monthly renewals, development, and fund drives
- Minimum of Associate Degree, is working on a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, or two years relevant experience with a strong background in accounting/bookkeeping.
- Must be self-motivated, detail oriented, analytical, possess creative problem solving skills, ability to think conceptually, is curious, takes initiative, and is passionate about the environment
- Proficient in use of office equipment and common office computer applications including Quick Books,
- Strong interpersonal skills and able to consistently present a professional and positive personal image