The ReStore is a unique retail environment that sells new and used donated building supplies, home improvement merchandise and household items to the public.
Qualified candidates will have a “customer first” mindset and a desire to work in a nonstandard retail environment. This is an opportunity for a positive, people-oriented individual who wants to apply his/her skills to raise funds to support Fort Wayne Habitat’s mission of building homes, communities and hope.
- Interacting positively with donors and customers.
- Assisting with the retail operation, including operating the cash register and making sales.
- Providing superior customer service to donors and customers.
- Following all store policies and procedures.
Candidates must have a flexible schedule and be able to work anytime Tuesday through Saturday 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. or Wednesday 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. Total hours will vary from 20 to 29 hours per week.
Qualified candidates must also meet the following criteria:
Experience and Education:
- No experience necessary, but prior fast paced retail experience may be beneficial.
- High School diploma is required.
- Superior customer service skills.
- Able to lift up to 50 pounds, perform heavy manual tasks, work standing or walking for a full work day, and be capable of performing outside duties under all weather conditions.
- Operate a cash register with proficiency.
- Able to supervise volunteers with a wide range of skills and abilities.
Interested candidates should submit an application to the ReStore during business hours or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Fort Wayne Habitat for Humanity is an equal opportunity employer.