WFWA PBS39 seeks an account executive with demonstrated success in establishing local contacts and achieving marketing goals to market PBS39 production services.
Reporting to the Corporate Development Director, the Account Executive-Studio39 Productions is a sales position responsible for marketing Studio 39 video production services, securing Studio39 production contracts with area corporations/businesses, organizations and foundations, and servicing those clients by ensuring that their projects run smoothly.
WFWA PBS39 is known throughout the northeast Indiana region as a highly trusted media institution. It has earned a reputation for high-quality broadcast productions. PBS39 proudly brings the same professionalism and creativity to Studio39. Studio39 is available to those whose non-broadcast communications needs include high-quality, effective and award-winning production services. Businesses throughout northeast Indiana can reap the cost-effective benefits of this regional production resource.
In this role, the Account Executive-Studio39 Productions must create and write proposals, serve as the liaison between clients and PBS39 production staff, and follow-up with clients regarding billing and other issues. The person filling this position must become knowledgeable about the technical capabilities of PBS39 productions.
The preferred candidate will have two to five years experience in broadcast or media sales with proven ability to establish new customer accounts/donors with cold-calling and appropriate follow-up, and to maintain and service a sales territory (or to maintain and develop donor relationships); established contacts in northeast Indiana preferred. A bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Must read, write, and speak English clearly and creatively – polished and persuasive verbal and written communication skills are essential.
- Must be innovative and self-motivated, with personal leadership qualities, as well as interested in team participation.
- Detail oriented work habits, with good organization and follow-up skills, and the ability to work with a minimum of direct supervision are critical.
- Must possess the ability to coordinate multiple activities simultaneously; tasks must be completed in an accurate and timely manner.
- A strong client service outlook and the ability to represent PBS39 with the highest degree of professionalism are essential.
- A working knowledge of the Fort Wayne metro area is very helpful, especially as developed through community and/or business involvement.
- PC experience in word processing and e-mail required; spreadsheet and database applications preferred as well.
- Must be honest and trustworthy with knowledge of sensitive station business information.
- Must be able to interface effectively and harmoniously with a diverse public and peer population; must work cooperatively with others.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and good driving record.
Compensation and Benefits:
Compensation shall be base pay plus commission with a comprehensive benefit plan.
- Health insurance
- Retirement plan
- Managed time off
- Life & accidental death/dismemberment insurance
- Short-term disability
WFWA (PBS39) is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from qualified candidates without regard for race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, or military status. Candidates of interest will be contacted.
Review of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
2501 E. Coliseum Blvd.
Fort Wayne, IN 46805-1562