WFWA (PBS39) seeks a Producer/Director. PBS39 is home to our publicly supported television (WFWA) serving the communities of Northeast Indiana, Northwest Ohio and Southeast Michigan. Our mission is to educate, inform, enlighten and entertain through quality national and local programming
The Producer/Director position will be responsible for producing local and national productions as well as performing field and studio production duties for station promotions and live local programming. This position requires hands on experience creating dynamic projects and strong storytelling skills. This position also requires strong organizational skills and the ability to work as a team player in a busy production department.
Producer/Director duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Perform duties as producer and director for local and national productions
- Research, Script, Produce, Edit and create graphics for projects
- Direct and crew live productions, on location or in our studio
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Broadcasting, Communications, or related field
- Minimum of three (3) years of proven experience in video production preferably in a television environment
- Hands-on experience in studio, remote and field operations
- Proficient knowledge of Adobe Premiere and other Adobe creative programs. Avid experience a plus.
- Strong knowledge of compression, codecs, file based post production workflow and emerging technologies
- Able to ensure consistency, accuracy and compliance with required broadcast standards
- Able to work effectively with other team members and independently with minimal supervision
- Troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Able to lift/carry up to 50 pounds and sit/stand for long periods of time
- Valid driver’s license with a clean driving record; must be willing to travel domestically and internationally, if necessary
- Special consideration given to candidates with knowledge of PBS Underwriting and broadcast standards
WFWA (PBS39) is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from qualified candidates without regard for race, color, national origin, religion, age, disability, or military status. Review of applications begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
WFWA PBS39; 2501 E. Coliseum Blvd.; Fort Wayne, IN 46805-1562