Duties and Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director of Development is a valued senior member of the leadership team, responsible for the strategic development, management, implementation, and evaluation of all fund-raising programs that support the Fort Wayne Philharmonic’s exceptional artistic, education and community programs and mission.
- Lead a department of four in planning and executing all annual fund campaigns, sponsorship, capital, endowment, and planned giving programs, as well as oversee volunteers in the execution of fund-raising events and benefits.
- Manage contributed revenue programs of nearly $3 million annually in support of the Philharmonic’s growing portfolio and reputation for artistic excellence and community engagement; the Director of Development is the key player in generating the financial resources for the Fort Wayne Philharmonic’s new era of innovation in the areas of artistic excellence, education, community engagement, and audience development.
- Serve as liaison between the FWP and the Board of Directors and any appropriate committees and task forces related to fundraising activities.
- Interact on regular basis with FWP Chair of the Board, Executive Director, other board members, and community and civic leaders.
- Expand significantly the annual giving program with emphasis on new major donors from individual, corporate, foundation and government sources, and develop and implement successful cultivation strategies for donor prospects.
- Provide direction to the Executive Director for the portion of his/her time directed at fund raising for the FWP.
- A minimum of 5+ years of progressively responsible fundraising or related experience is desired, preferably with an orchestra or other arts organization
- A master’s degree is preferred but not required
- Successful candidate will have an appreciation of symphonic music and cursory understanding of the arts world, demonstrated success in achieving progressively increasing revenue goals in a volunteer-centric environment, ability to work in a fast-paced, high-energy atmosphere, and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- The ideal candidate will be energetic, flexible, self-motivated, and adaptable
- Familiarity with high-volume direct mail and/or telefunding strategies and operations is essential
- Superb verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to develop and prepare sophisticated campaign materials, budgets, written correspondence and reports, is essential.
- The ideal candidate is an excellent critical thinker, strategic planner, and problem solver. The FWP’s next Director of Development will be an initiator, meet deadlines, and maintain an active presence at Philharmonic concerts and events.
Application Deadline: August 1, 2015
Apply to Name: Hiring Manager
Apply to email: http://www.fwphil.org
Orchestra web address: fwphil.org
Application Procedure: Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
More information can be found here: Director of Development Information