Reporting to the Development Manager, the Annual Fund Coordinator serves on the Fort Wayne Philharmonic’s Development team performing as a key figure in the effectiveness and overall ability of the department to achieve its fundraising goals, provide exceptional donor stewardship, support special events, and maintain financial records and systems for contributed revenue.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure the accurate and timely processing of donations, payments, and pledges.
- Perform development-related gift and data entry and maintenance of the Philharmonic’s donor data system (SRO) including entering new accounts, updating existing accounts, ensuring correct constituency codes, and memberships levels.
- Generate acknowledgements for all gifts within 72 hours of receipt, ensuring membership levels are appropriately adjusted, receipts are accurate, and donor incentives and benefits are properly fulfilled.
- Provide database support for the Development operation including, but not limited to data extractions, list generation, constituent updates, maintenance of memberships, analysis of trends, and campaign progress reporting.
- Assist with Annual Fund direct mail campaigns by providing appropriate donor renewal, prospect and acquisition leads to the annual fund team and mail house in accordance with the mailing schedules.
- Answer and return calls from donors within 24 hours providing excellent customer service to all callers.
- Attend all donor events as a representative of the FWPO staff, including but not limited to concert duty in the donor lounge, open rehearsals, donor appreciation events, and other special donor stewardship and cultivation events.
- Track and analyze event prospects and attendees including the RSVPs, rates of attendance and cost/benefit analysis.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Capabilities:
- Bachelor’s degree
- A minimum of one (1) year increasingly responsible development, non-profit, or related administrative experience
- Background and/or interest in symphonic music or the arts is desirable
- Extensive computer skills – familiarity with databases
- Proficient in Microsoft programs, including but not limited to Excel, Access, Outlook, and Word
- Ability to adjust schedule as needed for support at functions, which frequently occur on evenings and weekends
- Ability to communicate effectively with individuals
- Ability to handle multiple responsibilities and meet deadlines
- Excellent critical thinking, strategic planning, problem solving skills, and attention to detail.
Application Deadline: August 1, 2015
Apply to Name: Hiring Manager
Apply to email: http://www.fwphil.org
Orchestra web address: fwphil.org
Application Procedure: Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
More information can be found here: Annual Fund Coordinator