The GSNI-M is launching a new, cutting edge sales force and initiative. We are currently seeking Outside Sales Recruiters to learn and sell this exciting program. This individual will receive proven and solid Sales Coaching Skills Training and Support to assist them develop into a successful team of Next Generation Sales Representatives and to take the Girl Scouts to the next tier of their evolvement.
The Outside Sales Recruiter is responsible for developing and executing effective recruiting strategies via in-person contacts to increase membership in assigned, established geographic areas. This includes recruiting members to participate in leadership training and experience as well as recruiting volunteers to deliver and support programming, identifying strategic program and financial partnerships, and promoting strategic participation in community activities. The Outside Sales Recruiter will be cross-trained to also fulfill the role of Inside Sales Recruiter as necessary, and will learn and execute consultative dialogue methodology for both outside and inside selling scenarios. This position is primarily field-based.
- Outside Sales – Skillfully uses a consultative “Engagement Conversation” that quickly engages volunteers/members, strategically qualifies “fit,” persuasively positions values, resolves objections, and either gains recruiting agreement (where possible) or gains agreement for follow-up by Inside Sales. Assists in achieving the corporate goals for girl and adult membership by implementing membership strategies via in-person contacts in designated geographic areas.
- Inside Sales – Assists with Inside sales as needed utilizing the processes and techniques currently being used by the Inside sales force.
- Strategic Planning and Execution – Designs and implements a comprehensive plan for girl and adult membership growth in targeted areas by researching market data, membership trends, and other pertinent information relevant to designated geographic areas. Executes membership recruiting and marketing strategies outlined in the strategic and annual tactical plans.
- Reporting – Prepares action plans and schedules to identify specific targets and to project the number of contacts needed to result in meeting membership goal. Prepares a variety of status reports using Excel and eventually Salesforce to measure quantity of sales activity.
- Relationship-building — Seeks and develops opportunities and maintains contacts with community organizations, agencies, and leaders, educators, and faith-based institutions to increase positive awareness of and participation in the organization. Cultivates relationships with appropriate community leaders, organizations, and businesses to support effective recruitment efforts within targeted areas to impact membership growth. Ensures accessibility to a diverse population of members and adults.
- Messaging – Clearly communicates and emphasizes value to potential members through all forms of communication. In partnership with Marketing and Communications, ensures consistent branding, messaging, and product sales messaging is used in all customer interactions.
- Alignment – Collaborates cross-functionally to ensure goals are met and to determine or develop innovative techniques to ensure the effective delivery of recruitment strategies.
- Follow-through– Provides exceptional customer service to both internal and external customers including follow-up as appropriate.
- Other – Other duties as assigned to meet the organizational goals.
- 3-5 years’ experience in membership recruiting or sales, with proven track record of consistency in exceeding quota.
- High School Diploma/GED equivalent; Bachelor’s degree in a relevant course of study preferred.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Bilingual Spanish a plus.
- Sales and Persuasion – Ability to connect and build trust, ask insightful questions to understand needs, and position values using tailored, compelling, language that engages and inspires.
- Public Speaking – Ability to confidently, persuasively speak to groups that results in a call to action.
- Human Relations / Interpersonal – Able to connect with potential volunteers and members; sensitivity in working with people of diverse backgrounds. Sensitivity to the need of every individual to be treated with respect and fairness.
- Communication Skills – Strong written and verbal skills that represent professional, concise, and compelling language.
- Organizational – Consistently seeks to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of all operations by demonstrating positive and creative approaches to our delivery of service. Demonstrates sound time-management skills by effectively and efficiently organizing, prioritizing, and completing multiple assignments in a timely manner.
- Attention to Detail / Excellence – Ensures that materials prepared and produced for Council’s internal and external publications reflect the highest standards of excellence.
- Technology – Basic knowledge of Word, Outlook, Excel; past experience or potential to learn Salesforce.com platform and maximize functionality for tracking and measurement.
- Reasoning / Problem-solving – Demonstrated reasoning ability. Understands and internalizes the importance of seeking resolution to problems and concerns by bringing them to the direct attention of her/his supervisor in a timely manner. Maintains strict confidentiality when handling sensitive information. Demonstrates sound judgment and responsible decision-making by ensuring that the mission and goals drive all decisions.
- Teamwork – Proven capability to work in a collaborative, customer-focused environment. Actively supports and promotes the organization’s Affirmative Action plans and the commitment to diversity and pluralism throughout the organization. Actively supports and promotes all efforts to increase cooperation, communication, and collaboration between and among staff members, volunteers, and members. Demonstrates and promotes a climate of courtesy and professionalism to coworkers, volunteers, members, and others with whom her/his job puts her/him in contact.
- Commitment and Pride – Ability to demonstrate and articulate a genuine passion for the mission and vision, embrace and model the culture, and model behavior consistent with the mission and purpose of the organization.
Physical/Mental Essential Requirements:
- Walking, standing, bending, stooping, reaching, moderate lifting and carrying (up to thirty (30) pounds).
- Full range of body motion including manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
- Occasional need to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to focus on detail and accuracy of work product.
- Work is performed primarily in community in schools and other community organizations, travel may expose employee to inclement weather conditions.
- Willingness to travel to various work and meeting locations to deliver program.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends as needed.
- Occasional high stress may be experienced in dealing with staff and volunteers.
- Dependable transportation necessary.
Apply Online: Outside Sales Recruit