Support the development activities and marketing of YWCA Northeast Indiana. Coordinating both internal and external communications in order to advance our Mission.
Expectations of every YWCA Staff Member:
- Uphold and promote the YWCA Mission.
- Maintain compliance with state standards.
- Adhere to established policies and procedures.
- Contribute to fund development efforts for support of all programs and the overall Association.
- Provide support to other departments and staff.
- Ensure accurate, clear, detailed and complete communications; correct in terms of spelling, grammar, punctuation, style; and following procedures to send to constituents.
- Responsible for seamless internal and external communication. Generating a buzz about YWCA Northeast Indiana.
- Assisting with the grant process including writing, editing, coordinating, and tracking.
- Develop and maintain a collection of photos, testimonials, press clippings, etc. which can be used to illustrate the organization’s work and provide as needed when working with different funding sources and activities.
- Responsible for agency newsletter development in both forms: email and U.S. mail.
- Responsible for updating and ordering of marketing, development, program, agency print materials. Ability to design and package materials needed to support the organization.
- Develop press releases and provide support in maintaining relationships with media, organizational groups and businesses to support the development activities of YWCA Northeast Indiana.
- Serve as a support role for committee work including: Development Committee and Circle of Women
- Assist with special events as determined by the Resource Development Plan.
- Provide support for YWCA Northeast Indiana major fundraiser Circle of Women.
- Input and track key information in SAGE Database capturing details in order to utilize for relationship building to support development position.
- Work closely with various members of the YWCA team including, the Administrative Coordinator.
- Produce communications for print, TV, radio, and the Internet as directed.
- Coordinate and track all media request for the organization.
- Responsible for copy, content, function and maintenance of website and social media including yet not limited to: website, linked in, and Facebook.
- Agency Photographer.
- Receiving and track in-kind donations.
- Other duties as assigned to meet the organization’s goals.
- Associate’s Degree in Business, Journalism, Communications, Marketing, or Public Relations or a combination of education and experience.
Knowledge and Experience:
- 3-5 years of related experience preferred.
- Strong customer service skills with ability to communicate in a professional manner with a wide range of people. Unequivocal commitment to pluralism.
- Detail-oriented, accurate, organized, with ability to work under pressure and shift priorities in response to changing needs.
- Strong time management skills; ability to take initiative to solve problems and work with minimum supervision.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Proficient in Design Illustrator and Adobe platforms.
- Strong skills in writing, planning, organizing, and evaluation of written/oral communications.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and discretion when handling potentially confidential or sensitive manners.
- Comfortable in handling a multitude of projects with overlapping deadlines.
- Continuously work as a team member and willingness to work with other teams, including professional work attitude/mannerisms.
- Experience with utilizing a donor software database. Ability and experience working with various copiers and other office equipment.
- Must comply with organization’s policy of automobile insurance: must have a valid driver’s license and personal automobile insurance coverage.
- Flexibility to change work hours as needed.