Do you long to be a Part of Something Bigger?
To Make a Difference in our Community?
Now may be your chance.
The United Way of Allen County is Seeking a Full Time Donor Relations Manager
The Donor Relations Manager, along with the Resource Development team, is responsible for the creative development, design, implementation, and evaluation of fundraising strategies. Builds relationships with individuals and companies to support financial and relationship building goals for UWAC. Shares the overall responsibility of developing and maintaining revenue streams required to advance the community impact work of the organization. Provides quality, effective account management and works to develop relationships that engage and enhance donor and volunteer connections.
- Relationship Management/Account Development – Manages year round relationships of assigned individuals and campaigns to establish and cultivate long-term relationships
- Account Analysis & Reporting – Prepares reports of individual giving, campaign results, campaign analyses, weekly reports reflecting tasks and accomplishments, and other reports as needed for volunteers and management staff
- Volunteer Recruitment & Development – Assist in identifying and recruiting volunteers for the campaign
- Internal Communication – Maintain on-going information sharing with all departments
- Bachelor’s degree and at least two (2) years’ experience in fundraising, sales or related area; not-for-profit experience preferred
- Ability to close a sales deal utilizing educational and persuasive strategies
- Demonstrated skill in fund development managing a diverse account portfolio of at least $1.5M, using the ability to educate others to close sales opportunities. Demonstrated ability to follow best practices, personalize products for sales success and deliver on promises.
- Ability to interact effectively, foster teamwork, and build positive relationships with community leaders, agency partners, high net worth donors, co-workers and volunteers
- Effective oral and written communications skills with an ability to relate with a diverse group of individuals and organizations in a concise and articulate manner.
- High degree of professionalism that requires the use of courtesy, tact, and discretion
- Demonstrated analytical and data analysis skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office computer applications (Outlook, Word, Access and Excel required).
- Ability to handle confidential information and management of a variety of responsibilities
- Have a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, and proof of current insurance.