The GSNI-M is launching a new, cutting edge sales force and initiative. We are currently seeking Inside Sales Recruiters to learn and sell this exciting program. This individual will receive proven and solid Sales Coaching Skills Training and Support to assist them develop into a successful team of Next Generation Sales Representatives and to take the Girl Scouts to the next tier of their evolvement.
The Inside Sales Recruiter is responsible for developing and executing effective recruiting strategies via telephone and or internet to increase membership in assigned, established geographic areas. This includes recruiting members to participate in leadership training and experience as well as recruiting volunteers to deliver and support programming. The Inside Sales Recruiter will be cross-trained to also fulfill the role of Outside Sales Recruiter as necessary, and will learn and execute consultative dialogue methodology for both inside and outside selling scenarios. This position is primarily location based.
- Inside Sales – Skillfully uses a consultative ‘Closing Conversation’ that leverages rapport to re-open an “Engagement Conversation,” further qualifies ‘fit’, repositions values to volunteer\member needs, uncovers and resolves objections and closes.
- Outside Sales – Assists with Outside sales as needed utilizing the processes and techniques currently being used by the Outside sales force.
- Strategic Planning and Execution – Designs and implements a comprehensive plan for girl and adult membership growth in targeted areas by researching market data, membership trends, and other pertinent information relevant to designated geographic areas. Executes membership recruiting and marketing strategies outlined in strategic and tactical plans.
- Reporting – Prepares action plans and schedules to identify and respond to specific targets and to project the number of follow-ups needed to be made to result in meeting membership goal. Prepares a variety of status reports using Excel and eventually Salesforce to measure quantity of sales activity.
- Messaging – Clearly communicates and emphasizes value to potential members through all forms of communication. In partnership with Marketing and Communications, ensures consistent branding, messaging, and product sales messaging is used in all customer interactions.
- Alignment – Collaborates cross-functionally to ensure goals are met and to determine or develop innovative techniques to ensure the effective delivery of recruitment strategies.
- Follow-through– Provides exceptional follow-up and customer service to both internal and external customers.
- Other – Other duties as assigned to meet the organizational goals.
- 3-5 years experience in membership recruiting or sales, with proven track record of consistency in exceeding quota.
- High School Diploma/GED equivalent with Bachelor’s degree in a relevant course of study preferred.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Bilingual Spanish a plus.
- Sales and Persuasion – Ability to connect and build trust, ask insightful questions to understand needs, and position values using tailored, compelling, language that engages and inspires.
- Public Speaking – Ability to confidently, persuasively speak in public and on the telephone with confidence and professionalism that results in conversion of a lead to membership.
- Human Relations / Interpersonal – Able to connect with potential volunteers and members; sensitivity in working with people of diverse backgrounds. Sensitivity to the need of every individual to be treated with respect and fairness.
- Communication Skills – Strong written and verbal skills that represent professional, concise, and compelling language.
- Organizational – Consistently seeks to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of all operations by demonstrating positive and creative approaches to our delivery of service. Demonstrates sound time-management skills by effectively and efficiently organizing, prioritizing, and completing multiple assignments in a timely manner.
- Attention to Detail / Excellence – Ensures that materials prepared and produced for internal and external publications reflect the highest standards of excellence.
- Technology – Basic knowledge of Word, Outlook, Excel; past experience or potential to learn Salesforce.com platform and maximize functionality for tracking and measurement.
- Reasoning / Problem-solving – Demonstrated reasoning ability. Understands and internalizes the importance of seeking resolution to problems and concerns by bringing them to the direct attention of her/his supervisor in a timely manner. Maintains strict confidentiality when handling sensitive information. Demonstrates sound judgment and responsible decision-making by ensuring that the mission and goals drive all decisions.
- Teamwork – Proven capability to work in a collaborative, customer-focused environment. Actively supports and promotes the organization’s Affirmative Action plans and the commitment to diversity and pluralism throughout the organization. Actively supports and promotes all efforts to increase cooperation, communication, and collaboration between and among staff members, volunteers, and members. Demonstrates and promotes a climate of courtesy and professionalism to coworkers, volunteers, members, and others with whom her/his job puts her/him in contact.
- Commitment and Pride – Ability to demonstrate and articulate a genuine passion for the mission and vision, embrace and model the culture, and model behavior consistent with the mission and purpose of the organization.
Physical/Mental Essential Requirements:
- Walking, standing, bending, stooping, reaching, moderate lifting and carrying (up to thirty (30) pounds).
- Full range of body motion including manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination.
- Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
- Occasional need to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to focus on detail and accuracy of work product.
- Work is performed primarily in community in schools and other community organizations, travel may expose employee to inclement weather conditions.
- Willingness to travel to various work and meeting locations to deliver program.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends as needed.
- Occasional high stress may be experienced in dealing with staff and volunteers.
- Dependable transportation necessary.