Special Olympics Indiana (SOIN) is searching for highly motivated, caring, self-starter to join our Leadership Team! Special Olympics is an experience that is energizing, healthy, skillful, welcoming and joyful.
Special Olympics Indiana is a not-for-profit organization that provides year-round sports training and athletic competition in more than 20 Olympic-type sports for children and adults with intellectual disabilities, reaching nearly 11,000 athletes across Indiana. Special Olympics Indiana is part of the international network of accredited Special Olympics Programs that reaches more than 4 million athletes with intellectual disabilities worldwide.
Our team is growing and we looking to hire a Fort Wayne-based Regional Manager to lead local programs in Northeast Indiana.
The Regional Manager will work with volunteers, Special Olympic athletes, families and other professionals and are responsible for the oversight of Special Olympic County programs in his/her specific region of Indiana which includes; coordinating training for volunteers and coaches, directing county leadership, and raising sufficient funds to offset the regional budget. The Regional Manager will work in concert with the SOIN office to ensure alignment with statewide goals and coverage of selected events and initiatives.
Successful Regional Managers:
- are highly motivated,
- are goal-oriented self-starters who are passionate about making a difference in their community
- demonstrate strong communication skills
- present a positive image of Special Olympics Indiana to public at all times.
- possess the ability to work independently and also as a collaborative team member
- manage time effectively to accomplish goals
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Previous experience in operations of Special Olympics, or similar organization that requires volunteer management, fundraising and special event planning required.
- Experience in writing grants preferred.
- Intermediate level proficiency in Microsoft Office software.
- Ability to set-up and work within own home office, with the technical capacity to support most forms of electronic communication.
- Ability to travel with in region, with reliable transportation, with valid driver’s license, appropriate driving record.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends and physically set-up events as necessary.
Interested applicants should submit their resume and letter of interest including salary requirements by May 8 to firstname.lastname@example.org . No phone calls please.
Interviews in Indianapolis week of May 11
Second interviews as needed
Start Date: July 1, 2015