Does your organization have a current or recently retired exemplary board member to celebrate?
Consider your eligibility for the Carl D. Rolfsen Stewardship Awards.
- Nominations are due by 5 p.m. July 11, 2014. Send your nominee’s photo to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Publicity for the nominees begins in August and continues through the nominee recognition luncheon on October 23, 2014, to publicly recognize all nominees and their organizations.
- The recipient’s organization will receive a Foellinger Foundation grant of $15,000 for operating support funds and up to $10,000 for special board development training.
- See Carl D. Rolfsen Stewardship Award nominee information, including the most recent past nominees, online
Stewardship Award Guidelines, Board Handouts, and Nomination Template
- Stewardship Award Guidelines
- What Value Does Your Organization Place on Leadership?
- Ten Basic Responsibilities of Nonprofit Boards:Levels of Contribution
- Times change, But Foellinger Values Endure
- Nomination Template
About the Rolfsen Stewardship award:
“The Foellinger Foundation is fortunate to have had outstanding board members committed to preserving the intentions of our founders, Helene and Esther Foellinger. One of those board members, Carl D. Rolfsen, dedicated 25 years of service to the Foellinger Foundation and was one of Helene Foellinger’s most trusted advisors. In honor of his exemplary board leadership, the Foellinger Foundation created the Carl D. Rolfsen Stewardship Award in 2006.
We know that many other organizations have a “Mr. Rolfsen” on their boards – a steward who keeps the organization focused on its mission. The Foellinger Foundation offers eligible nonprofits the opportunity to honor these individuals by nominating them for the Stewardship Award.
We have included the attached documents [see downloads above] to give you the information you and your board need for your organization to nominate a current or recently retired board member who has demonstrated three of the Ten Basic Responsibilities of Nonprofit Boards, as identified by BoardSource. [Follow the link to place a hold on the book, or a kit including the book, at the Allen County Public Library.]
We look forward to receiving your organization’s nomination!” – Foellinger Foundation