Click the image to view the slides as a PDF.
Here are links to our catalog for Peter’s latest book, Smart Stewardship for Nonprofits and two books he highly recommended:
Click the covers to go to the ACPL catalog to place a hold. Many thanks to the Community Foundation of Greater Fort Wayne for their donation of fifteen copies of Peter’s Smart Stewardship books through the Barbara Burt Leadership Development Fund.
A few one liners from Peter’s presentation include:
- Audience breakout question: What can you do over the next year to help your organization over the next ten years?
- “People come for the job (or volunteer opportunity, or board service, etc.) and stay for the mission. Give them more mission.”
- Strategic planning value is in the process. It’s about “going through it together to figure it out.”
- Today, storytelling is the number one skill set needed by nonprofit employees.
- Values start inside an organization and find their way out.
- 60% of board members in the US are over the age of 65
- Cash = Oxygen
- *Update* Check out these Peter Brickerhoff Lecture Notes from Grant Daily, a participant representing YLNI and Ronald McDonald House, which include one of Peter’s charts on Strategy.
- And – Peter highly recommended that you all see Dan Palotta’s TED Talk – which we happened to post the day before.
What was your favorite takeaway?