- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2+ years of non-profit and development experience
- Cold calling and donor cultivation experience
- Track record of success in building lasting relationships and continued support
- Experience in developing and executing fundraising campaigns and business plans
- Ability to lead a team through both actions and good verbal communication
- Applicant must have a fun, outgoing, magnetic personality, with a passion for ministry that leads the charge
- Applicant must be able to exhibit success in networking and public speaking
- Applicant must be a business professional and understand how and when to celebrate the small victories and have fun in their position
This position is primarily responsible for cultivating the appropriate financial resources to fund the home building program and operations for the affiliate. Securing the proper funding should be sought out through home sponsorships, supported by the development and cultivation of individual and corporate donors.
This position is critical to the affiliate’s success, and can be accomplished through the following roles, responsibilities, and key result areas.
- Leadership Role – Work directly with the Executive Director to develop and implement a strategy for the long-term financial support of the affiliate.
- Community Advocate Role – Serve as an advocate to the community at large for the affiliate’s financial needs.
- Project Manager Role – Oversee the development and implementation of an annual development plan for major corporate gifts and cultivating individual donors.
- Team Role – Function as a member of the Habitat Leadership team with the Executive Director, and champion the donor database for the staff
- Communication Role – Serve as the primary contact for all individual and corporate donors.
- Develop and implement an annual development plan and campaign strategy for ongoing annual support from individual and corporate donors with the Executive Director
- Develop and execute a strategy for planned giving with the Executive Director
- Cultivate relationships with key donors and donor groups throughout the community
- Champion the donor tracking software for the affiliate, and develop and administer policies and procedures to track, manage, and recognize all persons within the database.
- Assist in the procurement of in-kind donations by facilitating relationships with vendors and possible donors.
- Work closely with Communications Coordinator to ensure the writing and timely release of press releases around corporate donor building events.
- Collaborate with the Volunteer Coordinator to engage volunteers from corporate sponsors for all building activities.
- Support the Executive Director in speaking engagements, and be an additional media contact for all corporate donor relations.
- Must have the willingness to take on additional related tasks as needed.
- Attend appropriate committee meetings, staff meetings, affiliate events, and home dedications
KEY RESULT AREAS
- Strategic development
- Relationship development
- In-kind donation procurement
- Building business partnerships
- Planning and organizing
- Teamwork and collaboration
- High level communication skills
- Organizational analysis
Please submit resumes to Justin Berger at firstname.lastname@example.org
NO PHONE INQUIRIES PLEASE!