Does your organization have an exemplary board member to celebrate?
Consider your eligibility for the Carl D. Rolfsen Stewardship Awards.
Downloads and quick info:
- Who is Your Nominee – Board Handout
- Call for Entries
- Nominations are due by 5 p.m. July 12, 2013. Send your nominee’s photo to email@example.com
- A special luncheon will be held on October 24, 2013, to publicly recognize all nominees and their organizations.
- The organization whose nominee is chosen as the recipient of the 2013 Carl D. Rolfsen Stewardship Award will receive a $10,000 operating support grant and up to $7,500 for special board training.
- See Carl D. Rolfsen Stewardship Award nominee information including the most recent past nominees online at Foellinger.org
About the Rolfsen Stewardship award:
“The Foellinger Foundation is fortunate to have had outstanding board members committed to preserving the intentions of our founders, Helene and Esther Foellinger. One of those board members, Carl D. Rolfsen, dedicated 25 years of service to the Foellinger Foundation and was one of Helene Foellinger’s most trusted advisors. In honor of his exemplary board leadership, the Foellinger Foundation created the Carl D. Rolfsen Stewardship Award in 2006.
We know that many other organizations have a “Mr. Rolfsen” on their boards – a steward who keeps the organization focused on its mission. The Foellinger Foundation offers eligible nonprofits the opportunity to honor these individuals by nominating them for the Stewardship Award.
We have included the attached documents [see downloads above] to give you the information you and your board need for your organization to nominate a current or recently retired board member who has demonstrated three of the Ten Basic Responsibilities of Nonprofit Boards, as identified by BoardSource.
We look forward to receiving your organization’s nomination!” – Foellinger Foundation