Indiana Human Services Mid-Session Legislative Update
Join a Webinar on March 1
Space is limited. Reserve your Webinar seat now at:
It’s state legislature mid-session time! And…another federal sequestration turning point.
Find out what state bills are still alive and what the buzz is on the national level.
- Federal Update: What’s happening with the federal sequestration and the budget
- State Update: What happened to proposed Indiana General Assembly bills related to human services this year? Find out about SPECIFIC bills that are still alive and efforts related to:
- Education – child care and pre-K, tweaks to educational reforms, vocational education
- Financial Stability for Working Hoosiers – tax policy, State EITC, IDAs, second-chance law for ex-offenders, affordable housing
- Healthcare – key decisions around Medicaid, Healthy Indiana Plan, long-term care
- Strong communities – NAP credits, property tax exemption for charities, transit options
- Children’s services – Child Services Commission, bullying, Department of Child Services reforms
…and so much more
How nonprofits may stay informed and influence policy through
- Bill Lists
- Third House sessions
- and more
Presenters: Lucinda Nord, Vice President for Public Policy, Indiana Association of United Ways, and Mark St. John, Principle, St. John & Associations, and Government Affairs Co-Chair, Indiana Coalition for Human Services
This webinar is free, but you must register in advance to receive the webinar link.
Date: Friday, March 1, 2013
Time: 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM EST
After registering you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the Webinar.
Required: Windows® 7, Vista, XP or 2003 Server
Required: Mac OS® X 10.5 or newer
Required: iPhone®, iPad®, Android™ phone or Android tablet
Space is limited.
Reserve your Webinar seat now at: https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/233313360