How does Write a Will, Leave a Legacy relate to my nonprofit?
LEAVE A LEGACY® is a public awareness program sponsored by the National Committee on Planned Giving to benefit all types of charitable causes and organizations.
The purpose is to inspire people like YOU to make a charitable gift. People from all walks of life can “make a difference in the lives that follow” by leaving a charitable gift.
In Northeast Indiana, LEAVE A LEGACY® is promoted by the Planned Giving Council of NE Indiana through WRITE A WILL week. This is a series of events to promote awareness about the need to have a Will and the importance of giving to charity.
Through the generosity of Partner organizations and volunteer attorneys, donors can meet with a lawyer and have a simple Will prepared for FREE if a bequest to a charity is included in the Will.
- For WRITE A WILL events in Northeast Indiana
- Learn about Charitable Giving
- How to become a Partner organization
- Visit LEAVE A LEGACY® Website
The Planned Giving Council of Northeast Indiana (PGCNI) is a non-profit organization created in 1995, bringing together charitable gift planning professionals to:
- Promote planned giving
- Promote education and professional expertise of council members
- Encourage networking and support among its members