FYI: Here’s an affordable publication for nonprofit organizations wondering about continuing their annual Gala. Now available in PDF at BoardSource for $15 ($10 for BoardSource members).
General operating support is crucial to the health of a nonprofit, but today’s economic challenges and social shifts require a close examination of special events as a way to secure that support. Many organizations underestimate the true costs of special event fundraising, and society is asking some tough questions about these costs.
Breaking the Gala Addiction discusses emerging trends in special events fundraising and general revenue generation…and empowers you with some important tools. It addresses:
- what every board member should know about fundraising strategy
- gala events — the good, the bad, and the ugly
- the board’s role in fundraising
- how board members can support sustainable fundraising beyond events
- how board members can evaluate an organization’s financial health and adjust strategy accordingly
Your board and staff should collaborate in planning the most effective approach to raising general operating support for your organization. Breaking the Gala Addiction is here to help.
Special thanks to The Prudential Foundation for its support in the creation of this new and important publication.
Reposted from BoardSource