What does Write a Will, Leave a Legacy have to do with my nonprofit?
In Northeast Indiana, LEAVE A LEGACY® is promoted by the Planned Giving Council of NE Indiana through WRITE A WILL week. This is a series of events to promote awareness about the need to have a Will and the importance of giving to charity. Through the generosity of Partner organizations and volunteer attorneys, donors can meet with a lawyer and have a simple Will prepared for FREE if a bequest to a charity is included in the Will.
During the 2010 event, there were 105 Wills created during the Leave a Legacy Write a Will events in northeast Indiana. In these Wills, 99 charitable bequests were made! Of these, 94 gifts were to local organizations. Twenty Partners coordinated with 30 volunteer attorneys to achieve this success. Click on these pages to learn more about Leave a Legacy in our area:
- For WRITE A WILL events in Northeast Indiana
- Learn about Charitable Giving
- How to become a Partner organization
- Visit LEAVE A LEGACY® Website
- Promote planned giving
- Promote education and professional expertise of council members
- Encourage networking and support among its members