Peter Brincherhoff, Beth Kanter, Kay Sprinkel Grace, David La Piana, Katya Andresen, and Kivi Leroux Miller are just a few of the folks who have contributed chapters to this compendium on nonprofit management. A tome only in respect to its size (600+ pages), this practical hands-on guides offers tips and tricks founded in firm strategy. Experienced nonprofit leaders will gain a deeper understanding of roles in their organizations.
Case studies, do’s and don’ts lists, and critical skills and competencies sections in each chapter emphasize the big picture while guiding readers through the important details of specific tasks, like Individual Donor and Major Gift Strategies; Getting Your Board to Fundraise; and Online Community Building.
Click the cover to go to the ACPL catalog to place a hold.
Broken into seven core areas, with contributions from 50 leading experts, readers will find guidance on the following:
- The Big Picture – What the Field is All About and Where You Fit In
- Managing Organizations and People
- Nonprofit Law and Finance
- Nonprofit Technology and IT
- Marketing and Communications
- Boards and Volunteers
Visit the Nonprofit Management 101 website to:
- read Contributor Bios to get a sense of the expertise that went into this collection
- find the end-of-chapter Resource Reviews
- follow the Blog for the Tip of the Week