We handle a lot of board resources everyday – so many, in fact, that we forget what we have and haven’t shared here on the blog.
Here are some of our favorites on Board Service – especially for board prospects and recruiters. We like the idea of knowing what you’re getting into. More on that later this year. In the meantime,
Are you interested in serving on a nonprofit board? This information will help you make an informed decision:
- From BoardSource: Ten Basic Responsibilities of a Board, from Richard T. Ingram’s book of the same title.
- Independent Sector’s Summary Checklist for Accountability (pdf)
- From BoardSource: What should I know before joining a nonprofit board? Q and A’s.
And for organizations recruiting board members (everyone of you, we hope):
- From Bridgestar: Recruiting and Vetting Nonprofit Board Members
- Posted on GuideStar: What to Ask Every Prospective Board Member, by Kay Sprinkel Grace’s Over Goal! What You Must Know to Excel at Fundraising Today.
What are your favorite board resources?