What Nonprofits and Consultants Need to Know
Chapters and topics include:
- What Nonprofits Need from Consultants:
– The Influence of For-Profit Thinking in the Nonprofit Sector
– Ten Important Distinctions Between Nonprofits and For-Profits
- The Importance of Process in Nonprofit Consulting
- The Stages of the Consulting Process
- Emerging Issues and Trends in Fundraising and Governance
- What’s Next: a Look at the Future of Nonprofits and Consulting
- Advice for Consulting Firms
- Ethics, Standards, and Consultant Certification
- Finding Consultants
Click on the book image to go to the ACPL catalog to place a hold.
Are you a consultant? Or Are you a nonprofit professional seeking a consultant? Contact us to request a list of local consultants and their areas of practice. 421-1238 or nrc[at]acpl[dot]info
- All About Using Consultants resources from our February 2010 23@4, “So, You Wanna Hire a Consultant?”
GO! Guides are a series of brochures focusing on fundamental issues for nonprofits. These guides offer information, advice, and sources of reference that include a concise summary of key points on a specific topic as well as references to additional easy-to-access sources of information on that topic.
This project was made possible through a grant from the Foellinger Foundation and was presented by the Community Foundation of Greater Fort Wayne, and the Allen County Public Library Paul Clarke Nonprofit Resource Center.