The 2nd Annual Allen County Non-Profit Career, Volunteer and Services Fair will be held Wednesday, August 18, from 1 to 4 p.m. at Brown Mackie’s Fort Wayne campus located at 3000 East Coliseum Boulevard.
The free event is aimed at bringing together non-profit organizations which are pursuing employees with persons who’ve lost their jobs and are in need of assistance.
- 1:00 PM – Presenting Yourself in an Interview – Ron Lewis
- 1:30 PM – Keeping Your Spirits Up / How to Remain Upbeat While Unemployed – Jonathan Ray
- 2:00 PM – Benefits of Volunteering – Anne Shirmeyer
- 2:30 PM – 211 Resources: What Services are Available for the Un/Underemployed – Tiffany Bailey
- 3:00 PM – Getting Your Financial House in Order – Mike LaClear
- 3:30 PM – Stress Management: How to Stay Stable and Resiliant When Life is Changing Around You – Miles Nitz
Those who attend will not only learn about specific services the agencies provide for the unemployed, but also about volunteer opportunities that could assist them in locating a job more quickly.
More than 500 people attended last year’s inaugural event, learning about employment and volunteer opportunities available from some 50 area non-profit organizations.
Find out which organizations are attending at http://www.allencounty.us/careerfair
For more information about the fair, contact Marlena Lewis with the County Human Resources Department at 449-3201 or email her at email@example.com.