Six Principles and Effective Tools for Building Health Communities
Tom Wolff, Ph.D., a community psychologist “committed to issues of social justice and building healthy communities through collaborative solutions” writes from the authority of a nationally recognized community collaboration consultant.
- Encourage True Collaboration in the Form of Exchange
- Engage the Full Diversity of the Community, Especially Those Most Directly Affected
- Practice Democracy and Promote Active Citizenship and Empowerment
- Employ an Ecological Approach that Employs Community Strengths
- Take Action by Addressing Issues of Social Change and Power on the Basis of a Common Vision
- Engage Spirituality as Your Compass for Social Change
Following a chapter introducing each principle, whole chapters are devoted to providing more detail. Other resources from the text include:
- “Community Stories” that underscore the principles
- Tools that you can use, available as premium website content via a password and web address found on the back jacket
- An Appendix devoted to Evaluation, or measuring success
- Extensive references
Click on the book to go to the Allen County Public Library Catalog where you can place it on hold.