Once again, we’re making available a handful of the resources and information that we’ve recently shared with area nonprofit professionals. We think many things here will prove useful or inspiring to your mission!
If you have a specific question, we’re happy to connect you to resources. 421-1238 or email@example.com.
Happy National Library Week to our nonprofit patrons,
Fundraising and the Economy
- From The Chronicle of Philanthropy blog, Conference Notebook, “Economist Urges Charities to Get Ready for the Economic Recovery and a Brighter 2015” offers an economist’s perspective on the economy’s impact on fundraising for nonprofits.
- Read John Brother’s Opinion Piece at the Stanford Social Innovation Review blog, ” The Heartache of the Failed Hail Mary,” for his perspective on six less than obvious signs of a failing nonprofit.
- See our post Fundraising in a Challenging Economy for resources and notes from David Holmes’ presentation. David led a well-received program here in September. As a Cooperating Collection of the Foundation Center, we appreciate being able to offer our patrons their guidance and expertise.
- We recently learned that TechSoup and Guidestar will be joining forces. We’ll keep you posted about what this means for nonprofit information and resources, and in the mean time, check out the TechSoup press release: TechSoup and Guidestar International Combine Forces.
- Be inspired and see what you can apply from the 4th Annual DoGooder Nonprofit Video Awards recently announced winners. Categories included Best Small, Medium and Large organization videos, as well as Best Innovation in Video.
- Can we add your Northeast Indiana nonprofit to our “Favorites?” We’ve “collected” about 50 local nonprofit Facebook pages on our own page as a resource for you to check out how local nonprofits use Facebook to connect with their fans. Go to the Paul Clarke Nonprofit Resource Center Page and click into the “Favorite Pages” box on the left hand side, just below our fans.
Comment on this post, message our Facebook wall, or simply email or call to be added to the “collection.” Happy Facebooking for good!
- The Search Institute’s 40 Developmental Assets are “grounded in extensive research in youth development, resiliency, and prevention.” You can consult the Assets to develop youth programs that create, “the relationships, opportunities, and personal qualities that young people need to avoid risks and to thrive.”
- Independent Sector announced the new estimate for the value of volunteer hour at $20.85, up from previous year of $20.25. The State of Indiana estimate is currently $17.57. See Independent Sector’s Value of Volunteer Time page for more information.