Recently the Pew Research Center released their latest study focusing on the behaviors of the Millennial Generation and comparing their findings with previous generations.
The report on the study, titled, “The Millennials: Confident. Connected. Open to Change.,” revealed some Millennial markers including:
- Higher ethnic and racial diversity than other generations (see image below);
- More Self-expressive than other generations;
- Marked fusion of social lives with technology;
- And a generally positive, upbeat attitude.
- View the full report, “Millennials: A Portrait of Generation Next“
- Watch PBS Newshour’s coverage of an interview following a full-day conference on the findings.
- Take Pew’s quiz, “How Millennial Are You?“
How will this study inform your view of your organization’s work in the community? The nonprofit sector?
Consider the following excerpt from the report:
… they are less skeptical than their elders of government. More so than other generations, they believe government should do more to solve problems. (See chapter 8 in the full report).